Job description / Role
Our client, a leading Investment company, is currently looking for Finance Director (Real Estate) for their Abu Dhabi office. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Assisting in overall financial planning and control of the group - Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance analysis, etc.
• Liaising with banks and other financial institutions for arranging leverages (for investments) / long term funds / project based finance requirements, etc.
• Managing Treasury function of the group
• Assisting management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
• Budgetary preparation and implementation of financial forecasting processes. Provide financial leadership Business Partner support and to function heads, peers and business unit leaders.
• Key business metrics and report on them to management.
• Developing new processes, procedures and systems to enhance the reporting, planning and forecasting
• Performing reviews on underperforming departments and product lines.
• Developing objectives while implementing strategies and managing plans, programs, and projects.
• Engaging in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
• Executing functional leadership to the Finance team and keep the organization's vision at the forefront of decision-making and demonstrate change leadership
• Formulating and developing financial policies which can significantly enhance performance and profitability.
• Interpreting the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
• Managing improvement of financial processes such as systems implementations, ensuring such systems support analytical, structured and controlled business practices.
• Manage site forecasting and planning processes including rolling forecasts of income statements, headcount and capital planning and inventory operation.
• Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis and create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
• Manage the company's budget, report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those.
• Obtain full explanations on variances, consolidating the data and presenting the forecast to the management team.
• Oversee the operations of the department.
• Prepare high quality financial analysis and management information for the Division including monthly management reports, and delivering presentations to the division management staff.
• Provide financial support in the development of strategic and commercial plans of the division.
• Provide financial advice to make sound business decisions recommending and implementing plans, procedures, policies, programs, and projects.
• Responsible for the financial plan and budgeting.
• Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company output
• Review of the division's forecast and plan submissions by the sales group and divisional management Support the Division Controller including high quality financial analysis and reports.
• Support the development and execution of the strategic plan, through scenario planning and cost management for new product development and introduction projects.
• Management and delivery of the business plan.
• Manage the monthly forecast cycles, quarterly reporting packages, the annual plan process, the financial sections of the strategic planning process, and any other forecast requests from top Management.
• Manage the divisional planning and forecasting process and consolidate and analyse sales submissions, and departmental forecasts.
• To produce accurate monthly management information with appropriate explanations for variances against plan, forecast and prior year to enable effective financial management of the division.
• To provide leadership and strategic direction to the company's financial and business-related affairs
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
• Verifying investment proposals and ensuring compliance with company's investment strategies as to asset classes, region, sector guidelines, IRR, payback period etc.
• Compiling Management Reports, Financial statements, Consolidated Reports and presentations to management and Board of Directors
• Portfolio valuation & performance assessment.
• Supervising accounts department of real estate division with Leasehold developments, Property development, Asset management and other Real estate businesses - Processing payment requests received from real estate Project Managers and auditing payments of subsidiaries / related companies
• Interacting with internal and external auditors.
The ideal candidate should have:
• Minimum 8 years of experience in Real-Estate out of that 3 years of experience should be within GCC.
• Strong Experience in Financial Control, Planning, Budgeting, Analysis & Real-estate Development is must.
• Experience in Feasibility Studies, Business Planning, Financial Modelling and Valuation is preferred.
• With strong personality who can manage others and provide inputs to management as and when required.
• Preferably someone who has worked with big real estate companies in the UAE
• A degree holder and preferably with any of the following certification ACCA, CPA, ACA or CFA.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.