Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for : Finance Manager - PCDO
What you'll do:
- The Finance Manager will be welcomed among the regional Finance team for Parfums Christian Dior Orient (PCDO). PCDO manages an area of 36 countries in the Middle-East, Europe, Africa and India, through subsidiaries and agents' structures, for its 7 brands: Make-Up for Ever, Parfums Christian Dior, Benefit Cosmetics, Givenchy, Kenzo, Loewe and Acqua Di Parma.
- You will report to the Finance Director and will be responsible for the brand's Financial Management, Control and Reporting, you will have be support from the Business Controller.
Cash Management and Short-Term Funding
- Support the local development of monthly cash flows for each of the New Market Operations.
- Control all the variable elements up to free cash flow: monthly EBITDA by brand, working capital requirements, equity injections, interest's payments, dividends proceeding, tax payments, Capital & Interest repayments & capex requirements.
Financial Management / Analysis
- Assume full ownership of the business financial management;
- Variance analysis and business-oriented feedback to the GM and the commercial / marketing teams;
- Maintain a close relationship with LVMH and Headquarters;
- Be able to negotiate commercial deals and evaluate business opportunities;
- Provide Internal Control, ensure compliance with the Policies & Procedures;
- Control the operational expenses (COGS, A&P, back office cost) and ensure alignment with the budget;
- Control the capital expenditure;
- Analyze, Optimize and Report the use of working capital; including receivables, inventory, prepayments
- Prepare and revise the Budget. Present it to HQ
- Supervise the monthly closing process including the preparation of relevant journal entries & accruals.
What you need to succeed in this role:
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content.
More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below
- Bachelor or master's degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable international university;
- Professional qualification (ie CFA, ACCA) is desirable;
- Minimum 5 years of experience at a multinational organization. Big 4 training is an advantage;
- Experience in the Middle East or the Cosmetics industry is a plus;
- Proficient user of the MS Office package;
- Highly experienced in ERP (Oracle, Hyperion) and other finance reporting tools;
- Fluent in English is mandatory; French and Arabic can be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills;
- Ability to positively influence senior business leaders;
- Meticulous, detail-oriented and well-organized, capable to handle multiple priorities and multi-tasking while respecting deadlines.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.