Job description / Role
Job Purpose: support with finance related activities for two schools as part of the Dubai PPP initiative. Support the school Principals and Dubai PPP initiative to develop the business in line with the strategic platforms; maintain expenditure, revenue accounts and capital budgets – with reporting to both Taaleem CO; and external bodies.
Key Relationships (Internal and External): Principal, Head of Operations, Operations Assistants, School Executive Board (SEB), TEC, Central Office Finance & Operations, Internal and External audits and Third Party suppliers
• Responsibility for end-to-end Budgeting, Planning and monitoring
• Ensure finance activities are managed effectively to provide visibility on revenue, expenses and risk and maintain and develop required corporate governance
• Enable effective cash flow and capex management.
• Main point of contact with Taaleem Central office, TEC, KHDA.
• Ability to translate analysis into presentation suitable for senior stakeholders (CFO, CEO, Board, and Principals) and ensure accuracy of contents
• Analyzing all line of the P&L, BS, and Cash Flow to explain variances in Budgets
• Obtain agreement on expenditures with budget holders and provide regular financial reports as required
• Ensure high quality, real time availability of data and analytics to support delivery of the business strategy.
• Use financial management information, especially benchmarking tools, to identify areas of relative spend and advise accordingly. Suggest ways of effecting budget efficiency
• Produce accounts and reporting to stakeholders (TEC and Taaleem) and ensure audit compliance of financial records, performance and controls
• Manage all financial risks and financial performance indicators
• Provide all information required by the internal auditors and implement any recommendations
• Operate all bank accounts, ensuring that a full reconciliation is undertaken
• Oversee the preparation of invoices and collection of all monetary dues
• Manage reconciliations on a monthly basis for all records with those of Taaleem and TEC as required
• Maintain transparent and proactive relationship with banks, auditors and advisers.
• Proactively manage business cash ensuring optimization of interest and compliance with finance policies.
• Main point of contact with the CO finance team including ongoing regular disclosures and reporting to CO Taaleem
• Setting up processes for the schools and implementing best practices across all the schools – covering:
- Petty cash
- Payroll and staff related expenses
- Expense claims
- Bank Reconciliations
• Assist the Taaleem VAT filing process
• Contribute to potential bid opportunities
• Ad hoc reporting and miscellaneous tasks
• Degree or equivalent professional accounting qualification (e.g. CA, ACCA,CIMA or CPA), higher level education in finance, business or commercial discipline.
• Experience of international education sector (Desirable not essential).
• Strategic scenario planning.
• Experience working in UAE
• Able to translate strategy into operational action plans.
• Analytical skills to measure and manage key risks and KPIs.
• Ability to discuss and influence effectively at all levels.
• Excellent collaborative skills and able to quickly establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to coach / mentor colleagues to upgrade performance.
• Corporate finance acumen to enhance balance sheet, P&L management and cost control
• Highly numerate.
• Enables development of high potentials to ensure succession plan.
• Flexible and able to manage tight deadlines
• Positive and hands on attitude
• Experience with dealing with non-finance personal on a day-to-day basis
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Regional Finance Controller
|Abu Dhabi||16 Mar|
Group Financial Controller
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Finance Accountant - Construction Company
|Abu Dhabi||24 Mar|