Job description / Role
Our client is superb organisation in Dubai who seek exceptional candidates who possess not only the technical capability but also the personality required to perform well within a fast paced environment.
They are now seeking a professionally qualified accountant (CIMA, CA, CPA) who will manage the Accounting and Reporting of Consolidated Shared Services across the organisation (HR & Facilities, Logistics, Procurement, IT services, Property, General management and other ad-hoc support as required) ensuring reporting is standardized and allows to realize cost efficiency through thorough analysis and control of various overheads. Provide decision support around key strategic projects that have been identified by senior management to drive sustainable double digit profit growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Complete oversight over the procure to pay process comprising responsibility over:
• Timely booking of all invoices
• Timely processing of all payments
• Managing supplier relationships with respect to payments
• Periodic reconciliation of suppliers balances
• Reporting of payables KPIs
• Working closely with category managers to ensure supplier price lists are regularly updated in the system
• Reviewing other costs that are added to inventory costs to ensure landed cost of inventory is accurate
• Periodic reporting on working capital
• Monitor payables performance to enable provision of accurate cashflow forecasts and foreign currency requirements
• Preparation of key reports at regular intervals for Logistics that facilitate better understanding of costs, compared vs. budget and last year and trend and establish controls over process to ensure resources are used efficiently.
• Support the logistics team in in preparing annual budgets and update forecasts as necessary on an on-going business
• Explain monthly variances in cost, ensure costs are captured in detail and accurately to facilitate a better understanding of KPI’s for Logistics teams to bring control over cost and transparency in reporting.
• Develop ‘objectives-based’ system & process enhancements to enable more effective day-to-day management of the payables function.
• Establish a customer service culture within the Finance Team and ensure reports are provided promptly and accurately.
• Facilitate continuous team training to improve bench strength in areas such as VAT
• Evaluate & prepare proposals / models to support strategic business growth, backed up by analysis of market research data, local regulations, commercial terms & financial returns.
• Actively support & Coordinate Shared service projects and process re-engineering initiatives, for improving operational efficiencies & controlling overheads.
• Evaluate current system capabilities and processing to ensure inventory costs are captured accurately
• Proactively take corrective steps to rectify any identified system or process related errors that may result in inaccurate inventory costs
• Plan and manage inventory counts
• Assist in the month close process and prepare and/or perform reviews of GL ledger reconciliations
• Ensure auditors are adequately assisted during all audits
• Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years experience with at least 2 years at a Middle Management level in Financial, commercial or Operations Manager.
• Professionally Qualified Accountant (CIMA, CA, CPA)
• At least 5 years’ experience with at least 2 years at a Middle Management level in Financial, Commercial or Operations Management, involving regular interaction with Senior Management
• Ability to deal with all levels of staff / management / external parties in a persuasive and firm manner.
• Appreciation of customer service to, both, internal and external customers
• Ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines.
• Proven skills / experience in drafting reports / presentations to a high level of analysis and quality
• Good presentation skills to senior management / Directors
• Advanced level of knowledge on ERP system, MS office suite.
• Working experience in the UAE
• Knowledge of the Food and Beverage, FMCG business or Leisure Retail businesses
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.