Finance Manager - Retail
Job description / Role
We are currently seeking a well-rounded and UAE experienced Finance and Administration Manger for our Retail business. The ideal candidate will have several years of UAE experience in Finance and accounting. He/she must be a problem solver with excellent communication abilities. The job holder will reporting to the Managing Director.
The job responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Setting the company’s annual budget taking into consideration market developments and Company’s strategies. Monitoring the plan on a regular interval and taking corrective actions whenever required
- Setting Company’s financial policies, control procedures and work flows to ensure efficient and streamlined processes and operations
- Monitoring the Company’s present and future cash flow and ensuring that all short-term and medium term cash requirements are met from the Company’s internal funding sources
- Managing and leading the finance and administration team (currently 4)
- Meeting with other team members on a regular basis to ensure company objectives are met
- Implementing new ERP system with full customization for the requirement of the company
- Regular stock-taking to ensure all stocks are on hand with reordering process implemented to avoid shortages
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities both in direct cost and overheads.
- Producing financial statements on a monthly basis (latest by 10th of each month) and analytical MIS on a regular interval as required by the Management.
- Dealing with the Company’s external auditors and ensuring the audited financial reports are produced no later than 30 April of each year
- Manage the Company’s Finance system by ensuring the data entered into the system is correct and up-to-date and reducing manual work outside the system to the bare minimum.
- Accounting for VAT and ensuring reporting / payments are done before deadline
- Preparing employee payroll by 23rd of each month through online banking WPS system
- Managing all employees’ labour contracts and ensure renewals before expiry
- Calculating employee’s end of service benefits on a quarterly basis and record entries accordingly
- Safeguarding all the companies assets including all fixed assets ensuring that they are recorded properly in the financial system and any disposal is authorized by Management
- Ensuring all the company’s licenses are renewed before expiry to avoid any penalties
- Managing and leading all the direct reports by guiding, training and taking any disciplinary actions as and when required
- Ensure the IT systems are working as required and backups are taken on a regular basis to avoid any data loss.
AED 12,000 to 18,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Health Insurance, 30 days annual leave, great working environment
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting for a reputed university
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Finance and Administration of which at least 3 years in the UAE
- Past experience in implementing ERP systems
- Well versed in IFRS accounting rules
- Well versed in UAE labour law
- Excellent communication in English written and spoken
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent problem solving skills
About the Company
MJN Consult Arabia is a boutique investment house based in Dubai, UAE. The firm is involved in a number of projects around the world covering many industries. Current projects involve, a Finance company in Abu Dhabi, a hospitality business in Dubai, a Manufacturing unit in Ras Al Khaimah and a number of other project in Asia and Europe. Consult Arabia believes in creating a work atmosphere that allows its employees to grow, prosper and develop a highly satisfying career path. The company rewards its employees based on merits and ensuring that they are compensated in a fair and competitive manner.
Head of Finance
RTC-1 Employment Services
Senior Finance Manager
Finance Manager (Manufacturing)