Finance Officer - Wear That
Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
YOU'RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL...
As the Finance Officer you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day financial operations of the business. Working closely with the Founder and CEO, your responsibilities will include:
- Drive the company's financial planning
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for management
- Balance sheet reconciliations, journals, accruals
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization's operations
- Manage vendor relationships
- Ensure compliance with the law and company's policies
- Financial modeling
- You will be responsible for Group reporting P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash flows
- Be responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for certain key balance sheets and income statement accounts
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various organizations within the Company, including Operations, Creative, Technology and Data, and Merchandise to support the accounting close process
- Assist and prepare internal management reporting documents to support company decision making and analysis
- Preparing financial analyses and reports
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU...
- Proven experience as CFO, Finance Officer or relevant role (retail experience is preferred)
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Excel savvy with ability to analyze large amounts of data to tell the financial story
- Be a forward thinker and able to identify potential risks and opportunities
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to fast changing environment
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to strategize and solve problems
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Are highly skilled in MS Excel (pivot tables, etc.) and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze data sets and build reports. Having experience with Zoho Books is an asset.
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT WEAR THAT BECAUSE...
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion.
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Being every real girls styling solution"
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- You will be proud to say that you work for Wear That
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.