Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all financial records of the school are kept in good order in an accurate and timely manner; including, but not limited to monthly, quarterly and annual execution and accurate measurement, recognition and disclosure of:
- Staff payroll transactions and all employee related costs and provisions
- Bank and cash related transactions, including bank reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable and other revenue management – related activities
- General Ledger accounting from entry through to trial balance and interim financial statements.
- Prepares annual budget according to student numbers, measuring achievement thereof and reporting thereon to the school’s management, governing bodies and shareholders as may be required from time to time
- Identification and implementation of improved internal controls
- Reviews whole school purchase orders with the Principal
- Sends email to Mashreq bank for visa refunds (credit card payments)
- Monitors Loan repayment and bank interest schedule
- Prepare and update schedule of staff End of Service
- Maintains Fixed Assets register
- Issue payment receipts via QuickBooks
- Issue invoices or letter requests for students and send them to parents
- Send email/SMS communication to parents in relation to school fees
- Reviews and finalize payroll register and send to Private Office for approval
- Arrange all other expenses and cheques and send to Private Office for approval
- Process WPS salaries thru ADCB portal
- Ensures all financial transactions are recorded on QuickBooks
- Reviews and verifies cashier’s Daily Monitoring of collections with petty cash expenses
- Ensures cash collections are deposited or kept in the safe
- Monitors daily cash flows and provides Cash Position report to the management and school governors
- Reviews ledger of accounts for year-end closing
- Monitors and updates Students’ ledger with term fees
- Control the payment according to budget
- Prepare all the entries – prepayments and accruals
- Prepare all monthly reports needed
- Manage audit queries and prepare files for audit requirements
- Process renewal of staff medical insurance
- Assist the administration team to perform duties as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CA/CPA/ACCA Qualified
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in financial accounting
- Knowledge and experience in QuickBooks Accounting System
- Excellent Microsoft Office and data entry skills
- Has a solid analytical and organisational skills
- Ability to handle end to end accounting process
- Proactive self-starter with ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and meet deadlines
About the Company
Al Shohub School was founded in 1999, by Her Highness Sheikha Shaikha bint Saif Al Nahyan, in order to ensure the availability of outstanding girls’ education in Abu Dhabi.
At Al Shohub we provide students with the Ministry of Education Arabic Language, Social Studies and Islamic Studies Curriculum for native Arabic speakers, in conjunction with the English National Curriculum, tailored for the UAE, rich in cultural tradition and at the same time abundant with the energy and spirit of the 21st century. Students at Al Shohub enjoy an excellent all-round education and the opportunity to explore their own gifts and talents in order, one day, to make a significant contribution to the future of the UAE. We aim to inspire a love of creative learning and intellectual development in the classroom, whilst also encouraging each girl to achieve her potential outside the classroom through an extensive programme of co-curricular activities.
In all that we do, emphasis is placed on innovation, exploration and discovery in an atmosphere of courtesy and concern for others. Our students are encouraged to take part in activities which challenge them and also to make a contribution, both in their local community and further afield, enabling them to become responsible citizens in their school and the wider world.
Al Shohub is a school which is deeply rooted in the values of the Emirati community, driven by the aspirations of parents and guided by the requirements of our regulatory body, ADEK, to ensure that our students are placed at the centre of all that is achieved.
Above all, Al Shohub is a happy, vibrant place to learn and to grow, secure in the knowledge that all who are part of the Al Shohub community are warmly welcomed and respected on the journey to success.