Job description / Role
Reporting into the Financial Accounting & Control Manager supporting on all aspects of management accounting, financial accounting, VAT filing and integration of new businesses. Will also play a key role with ongoing financial support to the schools.
• Month end (and yearly) closing activities, ensuring relevant deadlines are met – including VAT and Accounts Receivable activities
• Reconcile student ledgers for accurate monthly revenue recognition
• Coordinate and administer the student refund process
• Business partnering with schools: build awareness across the business and be a key point of contact for all accounting related matters in schools.
• Take control on VAT reconciliations and VAT FAF preparation for the group on time.
• Supervise petty cash confirmations and accounting by operation assistants in schools
• Support with supplier ledger reconciliations and staff expense claims
• Key support with internal and external audit
• Developing processes and drive efficiencies throughout the functional areas handled
• Instill financial discipline through-out the organization
• Support ERP data migration and implementation initiatives
• Other tasks assigned on need basis.
• Continuously seek ways to improve financial processes and drive efficiencies throughout the department
Person Specification: Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
• Part or Newly Qualified CIMA, ACCA, ACA, CPA
• Previous experience working within an international organization (desirable, not essential)
• Expertise in accounting aspects and a skill in number crunching
• Prioritization, time management and planning skills
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent skills in excel, power point and outlook
• Comfortable with being exposed to Senior Management
• Excellent collaborative skills and ability to quickly establish effective relationships with key stakeholders
• Keen to learn and develop
About the Company
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood programme.
Taaleem, which means education in Arabic, is committed to inspiring students and helping them to identify and develop their passions and talents. We only recruit the best international teachers who are capable of delivering our international curricula in a creative and engaging manner.
Taaleem is seeking to raise the educational standards in the region. The combined experience of its core team of senior education leaders in international education policy, operations and global management best practices means Taaleem is well positioned to ensure the creative of truly exceptional schools that satisfy the most comprehensive and exacting education developmental requirements.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Accountant - Receivable and Payable Accounts Experience
De Rigo Vision Middle East FZCO
Irwin & Dow
A Leading Pharmaceuticals Company In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||26 May|
National Power Construction Corporation Limited