Job description / Role
Your new office:
Hays Middle East was established in December 2005 in Dubai and has become a respected market leader in mid to senior level recruitment across the MENA region.
We have specialist and experienced teams which cover: Accountancy & Finance, Banking, Construction, Property & Engineering, Emiratisation, HR, Technology, Legal, Life Sciences, Logistics & Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Office Support and Sales & Marketing. Executive Director level positions are handled by our dedicated Search practice. We also have an RPO division providing fully outsourced recruitment services to clients. A strong corporate function provides local expertise in finance, HR, IT and marketing. The team is a great mix of talent from around the world.
With offices in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, the business recruits for positions across the GCC and North Africa. Its sheer size, and the level of investment activity in this region, shows the immense opportunity for the further growth of Hays in the Middle East.
Your new role:
We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to staff payroll and budgets. Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes. Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
In this role you will be required to:
• Manage all accounting transactions
• Manage the companies expense claims
• Be the main point of contact for all staff payroll needs
• Prepare budget forecasts
• Publish financial statements in time
• Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Ensure timely bank payments
• Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
• Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
• Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
• Audit financial transactions and documents
• Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
• Comply with financial policies and regulations
What you'll need to succeed:
• This role requires someone with strong commercial acumen and who can demonstrate this by displaying financial accounting awareness .
The successful applicant will also need to be:
• Work experience as an Accountant
• Payroll experience in a company size of 50 – 100 employees
• Hands-on experience with basic accounting software
• Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
• Experience with general ledger functions
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
• Finance or relevant degree ( ACCA is advantageous)
Here in the Hays Dubai office we have many great additional benefits alongside our attractive salary schemes. We have a flexible ‘Work from Home’ benefits Free breakfast on Fridays as well as casual dress, weekly prizes & Quarterly lunches!
About the Company
At Hays, we invest in lifelong partnerships that empower people and businesses to succeed. With over 50 years’ success under our belts and a workforce of 10,000+ people across 32 countries, we’ve evolved to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
So much more than a specialist recruitment business, what really sets us apart is our knowledge through scale, deep understanding and our ability to meaningfully innovate for our customers. By providing advice, insights and expertise on issues you face today in the fast-paced world of work, we help you make the right decisions for tomorrow.
Offering an unrivalled suite of recruitment and workplace solutions, whether you’re looking for what’s next in your career, or have a gap to fill, we’ll help you get where you want to go.
You can rely on us to deliver today and help you plan for tomorrow.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Accountant and Auditor
XB4 - CPAs & Advisors