Job description / Role
• Maintain an understanding of financial management to ensure Department financial objectives are met.
• Responsible for the property’s overall accounting and financial management requirements.
• Direct preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; establish and/or recommend to management major economic objectives and policies for hotel.
• Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate and in compliance with UAE laws and regulations.
• Support General Manager and hotel financial goals by direct preparation of monthly and annual reports summarize and forecast hotel’s revenues, expenses, and earning based on past, present and expected operations.
• Ensure compliance with standard policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
• Arrange for audits of hotel’s accounts.
• Manage operating expenses to minimize costs while providing excellent guest services.
• Coordinate department’s activities with other departments to facilitate increased levels of communication.
• Review the Business Plans and the Capital Expenditure Budgets and assist the GM. in the preparation and presentation of the overall Business Plan.
• Responsible to liaise with the managing director and Board members of the organisation.
• Ensure safe and healthy hotel environment by establishing fire, life and safety standards at all times for self, colleagues and guests.
• Build high quality service culture to exceed guest expectations.
• Ensure learning and development opportunities are provided for all colleagues, to develop capability and skills and to support colleague growth.
• Able to ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard hotel assets.
• Able to assists proactively with cost control requirements and to assist with revenue enhancement possibilities.
• Able to assist with profit improvement opportunities for the hotel operations and to develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise, and accomplish the work.
• Assists in the building of an efficient and professional team of employees within Finance and Accounting Department.
• Oversees internal, external, and regulatory audit processes.
• Conduct regular weekly finance department meetings.
AED 18,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• The ideal candidate must have a very strong personality with an exceptional leadership quality
• Qualified Charted Accountant (CA) or Similar or 4-year bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting
• At least 5 years of experience in a Financial Management role in an up-scale (4/5 Star) hospitality environment in Abu Dhabi
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Fluent in English, both oral and written.
• Excellent financial/business decision making.
• Should possess strong financial knowledge.
• Should have a high command of MS Applications like Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Analytical skills and very well organised.
• Age range between 35 to 45
About the Company
Excelsior is a bespoke HR and recruitment consultancy, specialising in the Security, Facilities Management, Education and Automotive sectors. Excelsior provides a high quality, reliable and affordable solution to companies in these sectors.
Exciting opportunities and market insights will be regularly posted on this page. If you are a talented individual looking for a change, then our highly experienced Consultants are ready to match you with an exciting new career opportunity.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Middle East Executive
Mubarak & Brothers Investments (MBI)
Junior Finance Manager
A Leading Consultancy In UAE