Job description / Role
Deals, Transaction Services, Financial Decisions and Analysis (FD&A) - Senior Associate
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Decisions and Analysis (FD&A) team provides organizations with data driven financial insights to produce rapid, pragmatic and clear outcomes for our clients. As part of our team, you'll be supporting our client's CFO office, deal modeling, and decision support.
A career in our Financial Decisions and Analysis practice, within Deals Transaction Services, will provide you the opportunity to help organizations realize the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world's leading companies originate, create, execute, and realize value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
To really stand out and make us ?t for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
We are looking for a senior consultant with a passion for delivering financial insights via financial modeling in combination with data analytics. The position predominantly requires a candidate that has solid finance and excel skills, and a genuine eagerness to become proficient in using new tools (Power BI,
Alteryx, etc). The position will be based in our offices in Dubai.
PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Lead/participate in commercial discussions with clients to understand their objectives and needs, and to be able to translate these into a model for decision making purposes.
- Lead the design (driver tree) and production of complex financial models under the supervision of a more senior team member (Manager/Senior Manager).
- Design and produce dashboards and analytical tools for decision support under the supervision of experienced professionals
- Assist our Deals professionals in complex data analyses in the context of M&A and/or restructuring
- Supervise and review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy, and relevance
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in business area.
- Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Projects can be conducted in the office in Dubai or at client location (across the Region)
- Depending on the individual performance, the candidate could rapidly evolve towards a managerial position.
- 2-4 years professional experience in relevant field (financial modeling experience is required)
- Well versed in finance and accounting with a full understanding of the relationship between the three financial statements.
- Proficient to advanced skills in MS Excel (demonstrated knowledge of Advanced Excel functions, VBA, and Macros are a plus).
- Prior experience and advanced knowledge of data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx are a plus, however the candidate will be asked to prove that he or she is eager to learn to use these proficiently as soon as hired.
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends and an openness to learning new tools and adapting how to work.
- Excellent communication skills and a commercial mindset.
- Highly detail orientated with excellent organizational and analytical skills: an ability to think broadly and to ask questions about data.
- Team player (Share and collaborate effectively with others, building relationships which are genuine and rooted in trust).
- Interest in helping businesses and organizations succeed through innovation and fresh thinking.
- Ability to easily digest and simplify complex concepts into easy to understand summaries.
- Flexible attitude to work assignments and experiences to gain the most from this role
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.