Job description / Role
• The College of IT at the UAE University is looking to hire a financial officer who will be reporting directly to the College Dean and will be responsible for all financial matters of the college and associated budget. Specific Tasks include but not limited to:
• Processing all college purchase requests, purchase contracts, travel requests, Lab equipment purchasing and receiving, compensations and petty cash requests.
• Preparation and management of the annual college procurement plan, budget and inventory.
• Process all financial transactions related to scientific research, postgraduate studies, students as well as research assistants.
• Perform all communications with the university financial department
• Initiate and process all financial transactions on the university financial system for all related matters and tasks.
• Perform all other tasks related to the college financial matters and tasks asked for by the Dean in relation to financial matters.
• The College of IT offers both undergraduate and graduate programs.
The UAEU is the UAE national premier research university and it is ranked by QS World University ranking in the top 50 universities under 50 years and as the UAE's top university. The application package should include a full curriculum vitae and a brief statement of current job responsibilities related to the position.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance from an Accredited University
• Experience within the UAE educational and financial sector
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.