Job description / Role
Purpose: Prepare monthly financial forecast for current year and annual preparation of financials for future years. In depth analysis and understanding of local expenses and profitability. Work in close cooperation with rest of the organization to improve profitability. Analyze and report MEO Financials internally and to regional HQ.
The responsibilities for this position are broken down as follows: Local (applicable to the MEO only), Regional (applicable to GMI) and Global (applicable across GM-defined regions)
Provide in depth analysis of vehicle business profitability for actuals and forecast
- Deep dive variable profit by carline and provide trends and profit drivers to leadership
- Analyze all local SG&A expenses and provide monthly cost analysis to local budget owners
- Work closely with organization and budget owners to highlight and propose cost optimization opportunities for local SG&A expenses
- Work closely with Pricing team to highlight and propose profit optimization opportunities for Vehicle variable profit, including free flow options and trim mix opportunities
- Prepare monthly financial forecast for P&L and Cash flow for vehicle business in close cooperation with all business partners; prepare monthly analysis of actuals vs forecast and vs Budget
- Prepare internal monthly reports to local leadership as well as regional HQ
- Undergraduate degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting (or similar field) from a reputed university. MBA preferred.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Over 5-years of experience in Financial Analysis & Planning (Accounting degree is an advantage) in a multinational company
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including net income statement analysis, familiar with basic Accounting principles
- Budgeting and Forecasting background and variance analysis is a must
- Additional Marketing/Sales experience is an advantage.
- International experience (ability to negotiate and work effectively with people from other cultures)
- GCC experience is an advantage
Leadership and Project management skills
- Strong leadership skills to be able to lead monthly forecast and analysis across different teams
- Strict adherence to deadlines
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prepare structured presentations for leadership
- Comfortable in making verbal presentations to leadership
- Able to write and present clear and concise notes
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Critical thinking and ability to analyze complex and diverse information
- Develop alternative solutions for issues on hand
- Detail oriented
- Quick learner
- Great team player, can work easily within Finance and with other departments
- Excellent Excel skills is a must
- Good skills in Word and PowerPoint
- Business Acumen
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Priority Setting
- Customer focus
About the Company
General Motors Company (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM), one of the worlds largest automakers, traces its roots back to 1908. GM and its strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 31 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. GMs largest national market is China, followed by the United States, Brazil, the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Russia. GMs OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services.
With its global headquarters in Detroit, GM employs 209,000 people in every major region of the world and does business in more than 120 countries. GM is headquartered in four major locations: GM Europe; North America (GMNA); South America; and GM International Operations (GMIO) is located in Shanghai, China. GMIO covers Asia Pacific and Middle East.
GM Middle East started in 1920s and the brands that are sold in the region are Cadillac, Chevrolet and GMC supported by a unique set of customer-focused services. GM parts and accessories are sold under the GM Parts and ACDelco brands. The regional office in Dubai covers the companys operations in Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and Yemen in 20 dealerships.
GM has 2 facilities here in Middle East one is in Dubai World Trade Centre and the other, Middle East Distribution Corporation, which is located in Jebel Ali.