Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely with operational sales and marketing managers and develop excellent knowledge of the business units' operating environments including market size, industry trends, competitors, brands, margins, retail outlets as well as advertising spend etc.
- Support Marketing and Sales Teams in preparing P&L projection for promotions and launches, analysis of financial viability of new openings and marketing budget follow-up
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making decisions.
- Measure, plan and forecast Marketing activities and implications to income statement and balance sheet
- Develop Financial Strategic Planning as 3-Y Plan, strategic plan, Annual Plan & Quarterly Plan updates
- Review purchase cycle and analyze the Cash Flow on weekly basis to provide corrective actions if necessary
- Prepare the Monthly Tableau de Board (TDB), the Budget and the revised Budget TDB from individual company TDBs
- Prepare analysis and recommendations on monthly financial figures from business units compared to budget and last year and issue reports as required by the management
- Provide analysis and recommendations on annual and revised budgets, challenge assumption and propose revisions
- Arrange, observe and control the P&L, balance sheet and Interest rate parity (IRP) and recommend action
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports
- Build and manage a comprehensive KPI's model (Financial & Business) in line with Company's objectives and captures all relevant info needed to manage the business
- Run a GAP analysis to maintain financial standards as budgeted and process revisions
- Prepare operating budgets based on previous figures or estimated revenue and expense reports
- Review actuals against the budget performances and prepare reports explaining budgets deviations
- Develop and improve processes related to expenditure, appropriate financial methods to better evaluate and measure performance
- Take the data generated by the Accounting Department (input) and transform it into meaningful management information
- Analyze and follow-up of all management and financial indicators
- Provide Internal Control, ensure compliance with all Group Policies & Procedures and assist departments in running their businesses
- Support monthly closing process, preparation of journal entries, compilation of financial statements and analysis of financial activity
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the fields of business, finance, and economic theory, to drive continuous improvement of financial reports and to evaluate their impact on the business
- Provide analytical support to various treasury or cross-function initiatives and ad hoc projects
- Participate in new projects by processing simulations for new joint ventures and preparing business plans, study of the cash flow and P&L
- Prepare and monitor the performance of internal rate of return (IRR) studies for proposed outlets and new products
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Outstanding academics from a top-tier university. Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, engineering, computer or data science, mathematics or physics
- CFA certification
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong financial acumen including ability to analyse and understand financial statements including P&L, Cash flow and balance sheet
- Strong modelling skills essential
- Keen interest in fashion, beauty, ecommerce and retail technology
- An excellent command of English - a second language is not a requirement but would be useful
- Ability to integrate quickly into a dynamic team
- Entrepreneurial work ethic; high quality work output essential
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.