Job description / Role
The Planning & Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the financial planning and forecasting process, strategic planning and delivering insight through management reporting and analysis ensuring that this evolves to meet the needs of the business.
This position provides leverage and support to the Head of Finance to holistically monitor the P&L, implement initiatives and effectively meet business objectives in the following key areas. The position works closely with the Commercial and Finance and Accounting Managers to monitor the business performance and early detection of issues.
Detailed Job Specifications:
1. Financial Planning and Analysis
• Develop Target Operating Model's based on internal inputs and external market factors
• Coordinate and prepare the strategic and financial plans and forecasts in accordance with global and regional guidelines
• Work closely with HR Functional areas/ Senior Accountant on the pyramid planning process
• Prepare planning and reporting for other costs in close collaboration with the heads of function (budget owners)
• Continuously seeking to ensure local business processes are optimized to manage costs and maintain the infrastructure necessary to support growth
• Work closely with the Head of Finance on scenario planning
• Consolidating data from separate geographies into the ‘Middle East’ for submission
• Preparation of Regional submission decks
• Act as a Change agent for the FIM Planning roll out by working closely with Global and in turn providing the relevant local training and support to the office
• Work closely with the Commercial team to identify and track variances
• Provide timely and meaningful management reporting for the partner group and ensure that the reporting continually evolves to meet the needs of the business
• Continually update and evolve reporting to tell a compelling story and engage the end-user using available tools
• Support the Client Portfolio Committee (CPC) with relevant analysis and monitoring to aid decisions taken by them on client investments
• Analyze cost variances to budget and report to functional managers to ensure accuracy, highlight potential issues and avoid cost overruns
• Support Partners and Principals with PA or client specific reporting on a monthly or ad hoc basis.
• Support the Head of Finance with ad-hoc financial analysis’ and act as a source for the local office management reporting and analysis needs
3. Firm performance in collaboration with the Head of Finance and Heads of Functions
• Working closely with Commercial Manager, implement pipeline and process to enhance forward look on business performance
• Partner closely with the ME Commercial Manager, provide back up and together identify opportunities to streamline processes
• Continuously identifying and implementing programs for reducing "Other costs" and profit improvement measures. Also responsible for office Capital Expenditures budgets
• Prepare monthly reports to monitor other costs and address questions for the Heads of Functions; early detection of potential overruns
• Maximize purchasing efficiencies through local, regional, and global programs whenever possible
• Excellent written and oral communication; must have the ability to partner and communicate well at all levels within the organization
• Should exhibit strong analytical skills, structured and accurate
• Ability to see the big picture and provide support to Head of Finance and Office Leadership, but also be hands on and willing to get involved in the detail where necessary
• Strong time management skills needed to work towards aggressive deadlines and fluctuating priorities
• Independent work style, with strong organization capabilities
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
• Multinational experience preferably with a US company
• International experience a plus
• Experience with Oracle, Business Objects and other Accounting and Analysis Tools
• Flexibility to work in an environment that has short-term shifts in priorities to meet a diverse customer base
About the Company
RecruitME are a specialized recruitment consultancy supplying top tier business support staff to Dubais leading multinational organizations. We carefully source, screen and select only the very best candidates to assist our clients in making easier recruitment decisions faster.
Differentiating ourselves from standard recruitment agencies our consultants have been carefully chosen for their backgrounds in business support for leading multinational organizations. Having been both the client and the candidate previously, we have an insiders understanding of the recruitment process and our clients needs.
What we do:
Specializing in business support positions we can assist in introducing a small selection of experienced administration, finance and human resource candidates with the relevant experience to benefit your business. Our careful screening process ensures that we have met with and can give a concise overview of each candidates skills and current situation before you meet them.
We pride ourselves on sending our clients only the very best available candidates in the market to ensure a simplified, hassle free and timely recruitment experience for all involved.