Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
What you will do:
- Work closely with Country Finance, creating a real and active partnership between Regional Finance, Group Finance and financial management in the countries.
- Provide support and analysis to the Group Regional Finance Head specifically and Group Finance in general, as well as to be a trusted adviser and to add value that will assist in decision making.
- Active interaction with all Country Finance Managers. Be proactive and aware of country level decisions, shaping financial strategy and the direction of the business
- Is fully aware and where necessary supports the Budget, R1 and R2 process for the Countries (Legal entities and subdivisions)
- Works closely with the Country Finance, to ensure reporting deadlines are met (in terms of time and quality)
- Analysing and interpret financial reporting data from Countries and Commercial Finance, evaluates reasonableness of data provided
- Data includes monthly management accounts (TDB - tableau de Board), cash flows, credit control, capex monitoring, budgets and their revisions, business case presentations using Power BI, Hyperion and Oracle BI
- Challenge and advises Country Finance Managers and Commercial Finance (MENA) where large discrepancies identified, and escalates findings to Regional Finance Manager where necessary
- Interface, arbitrator or translator in finance matters between the Country finance teams, Regional Finance and Group Finance along with the auditors where required
- Communicate/presents findings in a clear, consistent and user-friendly manner fit, amongst others, for the 'C' level
- Understands and anticipates country related needs, identifying potential risks through understanding changes in economic/legal situation, and suggesting actions to mitigate these risks
- Assistance with translation of key/new accounting concepts to wider finance community
- Treasury: Covenants review and Cash flow preparation for UAE
- Coordinate with Commercial Finance on financial performance of the UAE Companies through studying store profitability, gross margin analysis, credit control, CAPEX control, trade spend control and other financial elements
- Preparation of UAE Dashboard and ad hoc finance projects as assigned by N+1
- Qualified Accountants are preferred - ACCA, CA , CPA(US), CFA
- Arabic Speaker is preferred for the role.
- Other Key skill set ; Reporting data analysis, Credit Control Review, Business Partnering, Building Stakeholder Relationship, Advising, Influencing, Challenging
What we can offer you:
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.