This position is closed or expired.
See other HSE jobs
The essential goal of our Fire & Rescue Team is to provide a sustainable service in the work place of Borouge employees at Ruwais Plant by protecting life, property and environment through fire prevention, fire safety education and emergency response with well maintained equipment and highly trained, dedicated personnel.
Reporting to the Fire & Rescue Team Leader, you will be part of Loss Prevention Function team and you will be responsible for:
* Scheduling, training, testing and evaluating the fire fighting competency level of fire crew and back up team members including live fire drill activities.
* Participating in plant emergency situations along with responding personnel in order to support effectiveness and safety of emergency command and control activities.
* Ensuring the availability of resources required for the training on annual basis (extinguishers, foam compounds, PPE's etc.) by preparing and administering the annual budget of materials for fire trainings.
* Keeping abreast with the latest Fire & Rescue solutions and contributing to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of Fire & Rescue trainings systems.
* Identifying deficient skills of trained personnel and accordingly, planning and implementing remedial trainings for them.
* Preparing periodical and progress reports on training activities.
* Developing and implementing Standard Operating Procedures, polices, and work instructions pertaining to Fire & Rescue Team activities.
* Performing fire safety surveys and task risk assessments, ensuring that fire and life safety hazards are identified and correction steps are taken.
* Following on call duties during off hours as per company policy.
* Acting as a mentor for Fire & Rescue Team trainees.
As a successful candidate you will have:
* Fire Officer Level 2 certificate (acc. to NFPA 1021) or equivalent competency.
* Fire Service Instructor level 2 certificate (acc. to NFPA 1041) or equivalent competency.
* Minimum 12 years experience in Fire & Rescue line positions, including 3 years on position as a Fire Service Trainer or Instructor.
* Very good physical fitness level allows coordinate and actively participate in emergency response activities and live fire drills.
* Excellent coaching and mentoring skills, with good ability to work effectively in a multinational environment.
* Computer MS Office software user's knowledge and experience. Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English.
About the Company
Abu Dhabi Polymers Co. Ltd (BOROUGE) is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions. Established in 1998, Borouge is a joint venture between two well-established leaders in the industry the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) and Borealis A/S, one of Europes largest polyolefin producers. The partnership brings together combined strengths, superior technology and deep market knowledge that make Borouge a market leader in high-performance polyolefins.