Fleet Reliability Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
• Responsible for ensuring that the performance, reliability and safety of the rolling stock fleet is maintained at the required standard.
• With support of the Rolling Stock Inspectors, evaluate maintenance processes, procedures and regimes, monitor and interrogate fault and failure data, carry out or facilitate analysis to determine root cause of failures. Ensure appropriate control measures are in place to limit re-occurrence of critical failures.
• Gather technical evidence and data to support claims for warranty and contractual non compliances by third parties. Carry out independent technical investigations for any related safety related defects and compile professional technical reports.
• Take a lead role in continually developing and improving the ERDB quality management system and its processes.
• Oversight of any contracted maintenance services, scrutiny of their maintenance processes, procedures and methods of working. Ensuring any engineering changes or modifications are reviewed and approved in compliance with the ERDB Engineering Change Control policy and industry best practice.
• Ensure all fleet maintenance policies, processes and procedures and document control systems are appropriate as per industry best practice or as required under the Entity in Charge of Maintenance (ECM) regulations.
• Ensuring adequate risk management and control measures are in place by the maintenance function.
• Management, review and investigation of any non-conformances.
• Lead the Quality and Warranty Management processes, supporting other functions such as the procurement department by carrying out technical evaluations and audits of safety critical suppliers or service providers.
• Lead the reliability and performance improvement process, collation and analysis of failure data and all maintenance related statistical data required for RAMS monitoring, handling of key risks and producing performance reports against agreed KPIs as required, for any contracted services review and verify all data and reports as provided by the third party (liaise with contract manager as required)
• Develop and champion performance improvement initiatives, optimizing maintenance processes and activities and thereby promoting a continuous improvement culture.
• Lead and carry out technical investigations and compile professional technical reports for all safety and/or mission critical failures.
• Line management of the Rolling Stock inspectors, providing support and direction as required.
• Work in close cooperation and consultation with other functions and departments as required.
• Lead the asset management processes including the support of SAP.
• Be responsible for your own, and others safety.
• Produce detailed reports at a frequency and content as and when directed by line manager.
• Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant engineering specialism, or significant operational experience in a senior engineering role.
• Apprentice trained and/or relevant engineering qualifications
• Full driving license
• Extensive experience in rolling stock maintenance and trainbourne systems
• Ability to analyze, interpret and provide recommendations on engineering issues
• Experience in quality management, RAMS and asset management systems
• Extensive experience in writing engineering documentation (maintenance instructions, standards, Procedures, etc..)
• Extensive knowledge of engineering change and configuration control processes
• Working in harsh environments
• Proven ability to work under pressure
• Very good planning skills
• Ability to work in a team and on an individual basis
• Good leadership skills
• Very good communication skills
• Very good computer skills
• English as first language or advanced level of written and verbal skill
• Analytical skills for problem solving
• Multi skilled over a number of disciplines
• Ability to train technicians and pass on experience and knowledge
• Experience of working in fleet technical department or standards department
• Management or supervisory experience
About the Company
Etihad Rail was established in June 2009 under Federal Law no. 2, with a mandate to manage the development, construction and operation of the UAEs national freight and passenger railway network.
The railway network will be built in phases to link the principal centres of population and industry of the UAE, as well as to form a vital part of the planned GCC railway network linking the six countries of the GCC: The Kingdom of Bahrain, The State of Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and UAE.
Built to international standards, Etihad Rail's state-of-the-art network will act as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. Once complete, the railway will redefine logistics and transport in the region; thus providing a modern, safe, efficient and sustainable network which will connect the UAE and its regions to its neighbouring GCC countries.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jan|