FM Engineer (HVAC)
TXM Recruit - Dubai (TXM Labour Supply)
Job description / Role
The FM Engineer (HVAC) will have a prime responsibility of doing building checks & audits on all the
PPM activities related to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, Plumbing systems & associated mechanicals systems.
• Randomly select 20% PPM task sheets based on criticality of assets and do a detailed on-field audit.
• Review the various FM check list and report abnormalities
• Takes instructions from the senior Engineer to do site specific condition survey & snag.
• Identifies risk related to HVAC system operations & provide solutions wherever necessary.
• Provide accurate data to Senior Engineer to prepare the monthly FM reports.
• Should do on field audit & validate the PPM activities done by FM company.
• Should have operational knowledge on maintenance of building mechanical systems / HVAC system like chillers, large central air handling units, packaged A/C units, FAHU, FCU, variable air volume (VAV) units, HVAC ductwork, evaporator coils, condensing units and coils, humidifiers, manual and motorized valves, chilled water piping, circulation pumps, damper
• motors, gravity dampers, variable frequency drive (VFD) and other controllers, actuators, HVAC water treatment systems including make-up water, and other control devices.
• Should be able to inspect & test the HVAC Systems to gather data for analysis.
• Should be able to check & identify if the buildings are being operated as per the designed parameters to ensure no built-up of stale & humid air within the premises.
• Should inspect equipment (e.g. AHU’s, packaged A/C units, fan coil units, compressors, cooling towers and chillers etc.); systems (e.g. HVAC mechanical etc.); and the work of vendors to determine the condition of facilities, operational efficiency of equipment, quality of work performed, whether equipment is on the scheduled maintenance program, and the safety measure being used by local vendors and service providers while they are working on the equipment.
• Work closely with vendors, outsourced service providers, and contractors to protect the interests of the facility.
• Conduct testing inspection process for a variety of tasks including the air quality, test for ducts, chilled water piping system, and Thermal Imaging test (Thermography) for MDB, SMDB, Bus bars, Pumps, etc.
• Assist the senior Engineer to do specific audit assigned by FM Department for all HVAC systems at the site and collect data in researching new technology or techniques that may be applied in the workplace to enhance the asset and propose energy saving initiatives in all buildings
• Check all the assets on the filed and confirm the quantity mentioned in the asset register.
• Take instructions from the senior engineer to look at repeated complaints and provide on field data for doing a detailed analysis.
• Review repeated complaints / escalations & highlight it with possible solutions
• Assist FM team to review documents related to fit-out and major refurbishment works and take instructions from senior engineer to prepare the PTW forms.
• Do a condition survey for vacant apartments and provide data to the senior engineer.
• Should be competent to track and monitor the effective completion of PPM as per the schedule.
• Take instructions from the senior engineer to do specific technical audit in the building.
• Review and validate all reports from vendors (reactive or PPM) on weekly basis to ensure the deliverables meet AMC requirements.
• Prepare Energy & water consumption report for the premises based on the DEWA bills received.
• Should be able to review all the third-party tests certificates related to water quality, Lifts, Fire systems.
• Monday to Saturday 9 am to 6 pm with 1 hr. lunch break (Friday – 2 hrs. break for prayers)
• Sunday will be holiday but sometimes the candidate may have to work but it will be compensated by giving him a holiday on the next working day.
• Any leave taken will be deducted from the invoice
• Should have worked in Engineering FM operations.
• Should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Building FM operations.
• Experience in testing & commissioning of HVAC assets would be an added advantage.
• Education- Degree or Diploma holder in mechanical Engineering
• Certifications in energy management & Safety would be an added advantage but not a pre-requisite
• Age Group: Below 32 years of age.
• Should have a car & will be required to visit buildings within 25 km radius at least 5 times a week.
• Extensive knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to identify issues and determine repairs that are needed.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
About the Company
TXM Labour Supply is an international recruitment and manpower company with a valid "on demand" labour licence.
Alongside recruitment we also provide clients with a complete business service, delivering HR, Payroll, Administration and Sponsorship support.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Mechanical Engineer - Maintenance & Repair
RTC-1 Employment Services
Unibuild Group of Companies
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Project Engineer (Mechanical) - Oil & Gas Industry
Ultimate HR Solutions