Front Desk Agent
Job description / Role
Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair Hotel is a 620-room-and-suite upper upscale property. Catering for both business and leisure clientele. The hotel is located in Deira in the heart of Dubai and within easy reach of major tourist landmarks, leisure destinations and city services. It is linked to the Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, only 3 stops away on the Dubai Metro from the Dubai World Trade Centre and a 10 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
Front Desk Agent
First impressions are everything! As a Front Desk Agent, you will be responsible for assisting our guests promptly, enhancing our reputation for excellence and delivers courteous and efficient services in order to meet and exceed guest expectations and creates a lasting impression of warmth and hospitality
What's in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Greets consistently and professionally our guest to provide a warm welcome or farewell.
- Inform guests of the services and accommodation rates in the hotel make reservations for guests according to their needs.
- Make sure that all reservations cancelled are effected immediately to avoid confusion.
- Attend to all routes of room bookings, such as online, phone, and in person, to ensure that reservations are not left hanging but attended to promptly to keep the hotel business running.
- Be aware of and abides by all hotel policies, procedures & relevant legislations.
- Ensures all directions are followed out at the request of any level of Senior Management.
- Projects a favorable image of the hotel, through a positive and professional attitude, manner, and presentation.
- Maintain personal presentation and hygiene as per the grooming standards issued by Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts.
- Follow the Hotel set Safety standards, and adhere to all rules and regulations as set out by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and to take reasonable care at work so as not to put self or others at unnecessary risk. Reports any hazards, risks, accidents as required.
- Always remain professional in attitude, manner and presentation providing guest with a 5* star heartfelt service, including using their name where possible, and acknowledging guests with eye contact as they approach the desk.
- Maintains a positive relationship with guests and colleagues by meeting and exceeding their expectations.
- Assist Guest with general enquiries, providing accurate and detailed information.
- Maintain up-to-date guest profiles in Opera using information gathered upon check-in, during their stay or checkout.
- To ensure that guest details are kept confidential and not distributed to any unauthorized personnel.
- To deal with guest accounts, including payments, deposits, exchanges, adjustments, disputed charges, and PM accounts according to hotel procedures.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum 2-3 years of previous experience in hotel industry is preferred.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, additional languages are a plus.
- Ability to promote positive relations with all hotel guests & colleagues.
- Additional language such as Russian, Arabic and French is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Guest Relations Agent
|Abu Dhabi||30 May|
Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant - HR