Job description / Role
This position has a key role in the customers interface with the company as well as the management and employees. The receptionist shall manage the front desk area and is expected to have a welcoming and pleasant personality and behave at all times with a high level of professionalism and courtesy that leaves a good impression and builds upon confidence. The receptionist loves interacting
with people, putting them at ease and helping them solve their problems. The receptionist also provides general administrative and clerical support, such as scheduling meetings, handling transcription, printing, photocopying, sending emails, as well as making travel arrangements and assisting HR teams.
• Receiving, greeting, and directing visitors to appropriate people
• Managing telecommunications and transferring calls as necessary
• Handling queries and complaints via phone, email, and general correspondence
• Taking and ensuring messages are passed to the appropriate staff member in time
• Managing meeting rooms availability
• Receiving, sorting, distributing, and dispatching daily mail
• Handling transcription, printing, and photocopying
• Recording and maintaining office expenses when required
• Handling travel arrangements when required
• Coordinating internal and external events when required
• Managing office inventory such as stationery, equipment and furniture when required
• Overseeing office services like cleaners and maintenance service providers
• Assisting the HR team with recruitment, onboarding, and termination processes
• Maintaining safety and hygiene standards of the reception area
• Ensure compliance with all company regulations and procedures.
• Interface with other team members; support them on matters mentioned above
• Proper usage of computer and MS office programs.
• Willing to host and company roadshows, ceremonies, and external events.
• Flexibility to meet varying time schedules
• Professional attitude and appearance at all times
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, hospitality, or business related fields
• Excellent command of English, conversing and writing; Arabic is a plus.
• Excellent verbal communication
• Good telephone communication etiquette
• Self-organized and resourceful
• Customer-service attitude
• Active listener
• Positive attitude under stress or during periods of high workload
• Adept at prioritizing, scheduling, and multitasking
• Ability to handle office equipment (telephone system and printers)
• Fast and eager learner
• 2 years previous experience in similar position in hospitality field fronting customers
• 2 years previous experience in UAE
About the Company
Advanced Properties Limited (APL) is a Real Estate and Development company in Abu Dhabi established in 2021 by experienced construction and real estate professionals in the UAE and abroad. Previously, the company has worked under a different name since 1998 and successfully completed multi-mega projects in Masdar City and the Abu Dhabi Metropolitan area.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
ManpowerGroup Middle East