Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Raffles the Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To manage all activities relevant to the Front Desk such as the reception, check in / out, cashiering, foreign exchange and assisting guest with inquiries.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Register and room all guest arrivals according to established procedures
- Perform check in, check out and room change procedures and ensure all data are accurately entered into the hotel system
- Maintain cashier float and ensure accurate daily report of all money received
- Cash hotel guests' personal and travelers checks and assist with currency exchange
- Keep abreast of all modifications to accounting policies and procedures
- Attend to guests' request of using the service of safety box at all times
- Knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures for programs such as Seasonal Packages, Frequent Flyers Programs, and also Hotels Group Loyalty programs
- Attend to guest's complaints, inquiries and requests, refer problems to supervisor/Assistant Manager if he/she unable to assist
- Is familiar with other Raffles properties so that guest indicating any next destination on the registration card can be "sold" an onward booking to another Raffles property
- Ensure that the guests depart the hotel with a positive impression of hotel service
- Perform the audit balances and prepare all reports for audit in an orderly fashion
- When on night shift, check night report, prepare morning report and prepare all necessary forms for guest arrivals
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of standard reservation procedures
- Maintain exemplary department standards of behavior and appearance and attitude
- Ensure front desk work area is kept clean and in an orderly state at all times
- Is fully aware of the Credit policy
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures
- Perform related duties and special projects assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skill in English
- Able to develop rapport with and gain support from Colleagues and Management staff
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with all guests and patrons
- Able to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Post Secondary Education or relevant qualifications in Hotel Management
- Minimum 2 years Guest Relations experience preferably in a four or five star hotel
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Guest Service Officer - Front Desk (Residences)
Guest Service Officer - Front Office
Guest Relations Officer
Guest Relations Officer