Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
We're looking for high performing Full Stack software developer to help us build and optimize our fashion & accessories websites. The right candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of the Magento platform and e-Commerce, and be comfortable working in a team, as well as independently. He/she will need to be able to work on tight deadlines on an ever-growing backlog of tasks.
This position is based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
What you'll be doing:
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
- Work closely with organizational stakeholders and other members of the web team to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Manage and execute front-end development for desktop, mobile, and responsive websites related to online retail
- Develop web-based solutions, including integration with existing client systems
- Maintain development infrastructure including source control and code promotion and deployment
- Research new technologies, products, methodologies and propose new business solutions
What you need to succeed in this role:
- 2+ years' experience in web development
- Must be able to hit the ground running
- Experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing
- Experience working on Magento
- Motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges
- Ability to work well individually, as part of a team, and with key stakeholders from other departments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, web development, or related field.
- Magento certification is a plus
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.