Job description / Role
A new role has come up with well-known financial services in Abu Dhabi. Our client is looking for a Fund Accountant – Financial Reporting. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Review the entire investment portfolio every month to identify investments that non-standard pricing sources require to be utilized per Investment Pricing Policy.
- Draft memos for the Valuation Working Group (part of the IOC) for all investments every quarter for non – standard pricing sources, including external valuations, valuation overrides by AFS – FA, and valuations prepared using financial statements.
- Responsible for three-way reconciliation between NAV statement, audit confirmations share in the net assets as per audited financial statements.
- Perform variance analysis quarterly and reach out to fund managers to obtain details where a change in valuation is more than defined tolerance levels.
- Review of the audited FS for investments on an annual basis.
- Review to cover audit opinion, accounting policies, and principles used for the preparation of financial statements.
- Develop sustainable processes concerning new investments and investment strategies in coordination with the fund accounting teams to capture pricing information and report on it.
- Assistance with the verification of weekly pricing of investment securities and analyzing variances above threshold using independent pricing sources and information provided by the external fund administrator to confirm accurate pricing of the portfolio.
- Assist in implementing new accounting systems by providing input and direction to the IT teams for assigned areas. Participate as a business user to develop and enhance systems, as required.
- Liaison with investment departments to identify potential valuation issues, suggest improvements to controls, carry out performance analysis, financial forecasts, and other ad hoc reports.
- Develop reporting functionalities on business intelligence software to improve analysis and reduce reporting errors.
- Carry out other similar or related duties as required.
In this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Must have a bachelor degree in Finance/ Accounting and a fully qualified CA or CFA
- A minimum of 3 years of experience post CA in similar or complementary roles within financial institutions or departments dedicated to Financial Institutions
- Strong Excel Skills
- Knowledge of General Asset Classes
- Good understanding of financial products
- Candidates who have worked in an institution where they worked in Fund Accounting or BIG 4 shall be considered or Fund Administration Firm.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such a request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office or drop us a message on our website.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.