Job description / Role
A new opportunity has come up with a well-known European furniture manufacturing and distribution company. Our client is looking for a Furniture Designer and Trend Analyst who will be based in their newly set up office in Dubai. In this role, the job holder will be working within a larger corporate community, you will less likely to build your own designs. Rather, you will create furnishing and fixture designs based on certain company specifications or necessities for mass production. However, even though you are not responsible for the construction of the designs, as a furniture designer you must remain aware of the construction process and the feasibility of the designs as products.
Other responsibilities you have will include:
• Sketch and create prototypes and models for production
• Use computer-aided design (CAD) programs to develop and modify models prior to creation
• Keep track of market trends, such as which designs are selling better in the targeted market.
• Ensure that products are well constructed and sturdy enough for the purpose for which they were designed.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Must have a degree in interior design or related diploma/certification
• Must have at least 3 years of experience in designing furniture
• Knowledge and experience in designing European / Scandinavian furniture
• Willing to work 5 days in a week and 8 hours a day
• Flexible to work outside normal working hours if needed
• As a it is a start up operation, you should be comfortable to work in a small team
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Interior Designer (Hospitality/Hotel Projects)
Interior Designer - Residential (Mid Level)
CAD Draftsman / Designer
Senior / Mid Level Interior Designer - High End Residential