Job description / Role
Essential and optional requirements
- Desired candidate should have a minimum of 1 to 2 years experience in Hotel industry in similar role in UAE.
- Must be computer literate with effective communication skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Should possess a strong character with a harmonious attitude to lead a multi-cultural team to reach the set goals of the department.
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence. Outgoing, creative and eager to share the HEARTIST philosophy and AccorHotels values with guests and associates.
- Team spirit, Guest oriented, outgoing and service minded
- Well organised and ability to perform under pressure
- Power Point
Main Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist Financial Controller in General ledger entries including but not limited to Bank, Accruals, Prepaid, Revenue transactions.
- Coordinate actions with finance sections to ensure timely monthly closing.
- Perform daily reconciliation of Revenue between PMS & Back-office.
- Prepare monthly accrual of Tax liabilities in accordance with Revenue.
- Prepare & review monthly expense report to be submitted to FC for review.
- Verify accuracy of monthly inventory and prepare related cost control JV to be submitted to FC for review.
- Coordinate with HoDs, finance section to get all pending LPOs and prepare accruals for invoices not received.
- Prepare monthly accruals for Utilities expenses in accordance with consumption provided by Engineering department.
- Review supplier invoices, general ledger coding of expenses and verify supplier payments with supporting invoices, LPOs, etc.
- Verify expense reimbursement with supporting documents and ensure that they are in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Prepare the general ledger reconciliation and follow up for the renewals of contracts expiring
- Adjust entries to be prepared on the basis of general ledger reconciliation
- Prepare, post and update standard journal vouchers and adjustment journal voucher entries at the month end, such as - prepaid expense, operating provisions, payroll, payroll accruals, general stores issues, engineering store issues, reconciliation of food & beverage cost, accruals, provisions, allocation of expense, etc.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statement and review general ledger at month end and analyze expenses and major variations from the budget.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers.
- Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified. Prepare, review, reconcile, and issue bills, invoices, and account statements according to company procedures.
- Follow-up and resolve past due accounts and vendor invoices until payment in full is received or resolved.
- Prepare daily consolidated deposits of cash received by all cash handling employees.
- Document, maintain, communicate, and act upon all Cash Variances. Prepare, maintain, and administer all cashier banks and contracts.
- Perform monthly analysis of clearance accounts to ensure that transactions are properly justified before submitting to FC for review. It includes: Cash / Credit Card / AR clearance accounts.
- Maintain updated monthly schedule of Prepaid and Accruals accounts to ensure that transactions are properly justified before submitting to FC for review.
- Level of Education Vocational education Areas of study Economy, Finance, Accounting
- 3 to 5 years
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.