Job description / Role
The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests. He/She is responsible to provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction. Work Very closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
Responsible for managing the Hotels management team (HOD's) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. A General Manager would also be required to manage between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
GM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
• Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
• Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
• Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
• Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
• Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
• Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
• Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
• Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
• Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
• A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
• Closely monitor the hotels business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
• Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
• Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
• Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
• Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
• Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment, and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipments and services.
• Act as a final decision maker in hiring a key staffs.
• Coordination with HOD's for the execution of all activities and functions.
• Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads on a daily basis.
• Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
• Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
• Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
• Lead in all aspects of business planning.
• Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
• Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
• Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
• Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
• The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
• Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
• A university degree in hotel management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.
• At least 15 to 20 years’ experience in the hospitality industry, and 5 to 10 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
About the Company
Over the past 28 years Pyramisa Group has continued to grow and succeed; as a distinguished company, Pyramisa Group proudly offers world-class hospitality with a warm Egyptian essence.
Pyramisa Group is the leading private hotel chain in Egypt and the largest timeshare operator in the Middle East. Pyramisa Group has selected the finest locations overlooking the Nile in Cairo, Luxor and Aswan, and on the Red Sea in Sharm El Sheikh, Hurghada and Sahl Hasheesh. Our operations will be extended to the Middle East with our Pyramisa Suites Hotel opening in Dubai in 2015.
With the expanding demand of investment in sunny homes in Egypt, we have employed our vast experience in hotel construction and management to provide luxurious residential projects in Cairo, Sharm El Sheikh, Sahl Hasheesh and Dubai.
Dubai Parks and Resorts
General Manager - Luxury Resort
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality
Prime Co. Middle East
Operations Director - Facility Management