Job description / Role
General Manager - Threads
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Threads is a creative, luxury fashion personal shopping and commerce business. Through social and chat-based media, we inspire our international client base to discover the rarest luxury items. We then search the globe to procure them for our clients; this is the future of retail.
Threads is in Tech City's Future Fifty program which recognizes some of the UK's fastest growing businesses, pioneering the best luxury shopping experience in the world!
What you will be doing
The GM role is responsible for overseeing daily business activities and key commercial metrics, developing strategic plans and communicating business goals. They will manage sales & operational costs, allocating budget resources, hiring and training a high performing team and identifying business opportunities for their region. Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision, focused on generating new business opportunities and increasing team productivity will set you up to successfully scale your region.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive sales revenue, client spend and core business metrics in a results driven culture
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes and procedures for your region.
- Initiate & lead client activations to acquire new clients and grow share of wallet from existing clients. Oversee customer interactions, resolving any issues or blockers that arise.
- Lead and give direction for localized marketing, brand partnerships & operations
- Act as the primary partner to the global cross functional teams, providing insight and direction as to prioritize for your region
- Work with the CSO & CFO to formulate regional budgets, focused on accelerating growth and profitability
- Approve and manage spending based on regional performance and commercial opportunities for growth
- Formulate training and development programs to upskill the team, improving sales productivity and client retention
- Define strategic goals & develop clear plans to implement them and optimise productivity
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Initiate & lead onboarding brand partners that present commercial opportunities in your region
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience as a General Manager or similar level role
- Experience managing a team in a high growth B2C business
- Experience within the luxury industry and a high net worth client base
- Ability to work in a fluid, dynamic start-up style space
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong regional understanding of the luxury retail market
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.
- Strong analytical ability
- Experience using curiosity to embed a test-driven sales culture using technology to increase efficiency and sales output
- Ability to work across many different platforms seamlessly
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department: RETAIL & DISTRIBUTION
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.