Job description / Role
The General Manager is accountable for developing and executing the overall business development and marketing strategy for the entity and for ensuring optimal operational efficiency and service delivery. The post-holder has accountability for the P&L of the entity and is responsible for maximising market penetration and profitable growth and line management of the entity team. The General Manager is responsible for building and executing the entity strategy to position the entity competitively in the market, significantly growing brand awareness and customer loyalty, increasing market penetration and creating opportunities to tap into new customer segments within the UAE and beyond. Plan, guide and monitor across all functions to ensure delivery and execution of short, medium and long term objectives.
• Develop and manages the implementation of the entity strategy, products and services, ensuring a platform is created for successful business growth in both the short and long term.
• Accountable for the entity P&L. Sets, manages and ensures achievement of entity budget in collaboration with Heads of Department and the Board.
• Actively works to develop a robust entity year-on-year strategy, which will enable annual step change growth.
• Reports progress and achievements, P&L and budget performance to the Board on a regular basis including any issues outstanding or requiring input.
• Engages and manages key stakeholders to achieve organisational objectives.
• Plans, directs and executes end to end customer attraction strategies to achieve targets.
• Plans, directs and executes customer servicing strategies to maximise customer engagement, experience, reputation and retention.
• Ensures that a professional, well led and well motivated team is built, developed and continues to develop and that skills and potential are maximised.
• Ensures roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and clear objectives and priorities are set in line with entity strategy, goals and KPIs.
• Ensures a ‘delivery to outcome and deadline’ culture is created and maintained within the team.
• Ensures an ongoing audit of resources and skills is undertaken and that areas of development or defined resource gaps are addressed in a timely manner.
• Will ensure a clearly defined succession plan is in place, working with the relevant parties.
• Identifies and pro-actively courts potential new business partners and actively facilitates the contractual arrangements, on appropriate commercial terms, between any new partner.
• Identifies new business opportunities/solutions of mutual benefit to the entity and partners.
• Ensures delivery of the marketing strategy/plan to maximise profitable growth and ensures that the plan is implemented on time to deliver positive ROI results.
• Proactively promotes the entity brand and creates market awareness.
• Ensures ongoing operational efficiency to maximise customer experience and business growth.
• Working with the Group Head of Legal and Group Compliance Manager ensures full business policy and legal compliance. Manages the implications of any legislative changes.
• Works with Finance Department to direct and manage the budget, forecasting and financial planning processes for the entity, ensuring that strategic, accurate plans are put in place to maximise investment and ensure optimal short and long-term financial return.
• Bachelor’s or equivalent
• Master’s Degree is desirable
• 8 + years demonstrably successful experience in management, sales or marketing with 2+ years experience in company formation and business set-up.
• Proficient in English, Arabic would be an advantage
• Building for tomorrow: achieving profitable and sustainable growth.
• Working together: achieving results by working successfully across the organisation.
• Leading others: motivating, energising and engaging others for success.
• Driving performance: driving team and company results by getting the best from others.
About the Company
KERSHAW LEONARD "WE CHANGE PEOPLES LIVES"
Who we are:
Founded in September 1999 The Kershaw Leonard Group was based upon professional recruitment practices laid down by the UK Institute of Employment Consultants whose values are still at the core of our success today.
Inherently we believe that recruitment is a people business not a CV processing business and as such we take time and care to make sure we understand the needs of both our Clients and our Candidates.
Such attention to the care side of our business together with the sheer length of time we have been established has given us a unique position. We regularly attract top class candidates who only want to work with Kershaw Leonard as they trust our confidentiality and professionalism. Similarly, more than 75% of the clients we work with come back for more when they have a new position to fill.
What we do:
Kershaw Leonard Group places exceptional talent on a Global scale. Our winning strategy is to partner very closely with a small number of clients so we can really understand their objectives, needs and aspirations in a way that allows us to intuitively know the kind of cultural fit they are looking for when the time comes for them to recruit new talent. Then once that talent is on board and part of the client’s team, to assist wherever is needed to improve performance and leadership skills
The Kershaw Leonard Group is more than just a recruitment agency. In addition to KL Recruitment, KL Consulting offers a vast spectrum of skills from our experienced behavioural psychologist and consultants with almost two decades of HR Director level experience in the region.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) - Diversified Holding Company
|Abu Dhabi||20 Sep|
Director of Strategy & Business Development