Job description / Role
A rapidly growing logistics business, that has a passion for innovation is currently looking for a General Manager and an Operations Manager to manage their freight forwarding business.
This position will be responsible for meeting the regional logistics requirements to support the Middle East Operations - Air & Sea freight including customs and clearance matters.
The successful candidate will be responsible for P&L as well as guarantee the achievement of the financial, qualitative and activity objectives (commercial business development, optimizations and projects) of our client.
This market leader in logistics services with major developments in the FMCG distribution, freight industries as well as 3rd party logistics solutions. Having experienced significant growth over the last few years our client are looking to recruit a passionate, results focused and operations minded individuals to join their award winning and successful management team.
- Business Development: Brings in profitable business from new customers
- Participates in RFP's and submits pricing proposals to Managing Director
- Leads & oversees day to day operations of the department
- Works with Managing Director to grow the STI business in line with business strategy
- Guarantees the qualitative aspect of operations (quality of service)
- Develops and updates operating procedures for the team
- Ensures the achievement of the department's economic objectives (budget)
- Innovates in its field and manages the corresponding projects
- Manages people (daily management, Annual evaluation, Bonus, promotions,) in conjunction with HR & MD
- Evolves its department according to needs (development and conjuncture)
- Ensures communication within the department (daily meetings of service)
- Enforces the internal regulations and the various company agreements
- Formulate commercial offers. Leads & participates in commercial visits
- Builds strong customer relationships
- Explores business opportunities with current & new customers
AED 35,000 + Flights
About the Company
Middle East Executive has a focused consulting team that specialises in Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Engineering & Manufacturing and Sales recruitment.
Complimented by strong global reach and niche local knowledge, Middle East Executive has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of businesses, and we have the experience & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Supply Logistics Manager (12 Month Contract)
Middle East Executive
Human Capital House