Job description / Role
• POSITION TITLE: General Manager
• REPORTS TO: Owner Representative’s / Owner’s
• The General manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel (4 star independent hotel), to day-to-day staff management and guests.
• Provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
• Work Very closely with the hotel owners and other stake holders.
• Responsible for managing the Hotels management team (HOD's) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience and maintain hotel standards and quality.
• The General Manager is also required to manage both profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
GM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, as per the Organizational chart.
• Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments.
• Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures, and service standards.
• Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
• Handling complaints and overseeing the service recovery procedures.
• Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales plan and Capital Budget.
• Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
• Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
• Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short- and long-term strategic goals for the property.
• Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
• A strong understanding of P&L statements and the ability to react with impactful strategies
• Closely monitor the hotel business reports on a daily basis and take decisions accordingly.
• Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms, Food & Beverage, Admin & General, on target and accurate.
• Maximizing room yield and hotel revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
• Prepare a monthly financial reporting for the owners and stake holders.
• Draw up plans and budget (revenues, costs, etc.) for the owners.
• Helping in the procurement of operating supplies and equipment and contracting with third-party vendors for essential equipment and services.
• Act as a final decision maker when hiring key personnel.
• Coordination with HOD's for the execution of all activities and functions.
• Overseeing and managing all departments and working closely with department heads daily.
• Manage and develop the Hotel Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
• Be accountable for responsibilities of department heads and take ownership of all guest complaints.
• Provide effective leadership to hotel team members.
• Lead in all aspects of business planning.
• Respond to audits to ensure continual improvement is achieved.
• Corporate client handling and take part in new client acquisition along with the sales team whenever required.
• Responsible for safeguarding the quality of operations both (internal & external audits).
• Responsible for legalization, Occupational Health & Safety Act, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
• The ideal candidate is a seasoned and highly intelligent hotel professional with outstanding, management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
• Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
• A university degree in hotel management or a related field with Experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a hotel with clear track record.
• Excellent computer system skills.
• At least 15 years’ experience within the hospitality sector, with significant regional and international experience, ideally including 4- and 5-star hotels.
• Must have 5 to 10 years of experience as a General Manager or Asst. General Manager.
About the Company
Established in 1997 in Hong Kong, ConnectedGroup is a regional executive recruitment and search consultancy with broad coverage across a full range of functional and industry specialisms, each serviced by dedicated teams. Our strategy is to continue to develop our offering as a ‘big boutique’ where we combine high levels of engagement and accountability with a comprehensive scope of delivery capability.
Our core services include; Retained Executive Search, Exclusive Contingent Search and Contingent Recruitment services for mid to senior permanent positions as well as Contract Staff and Interim Management services. We also engage with clients to deliver specialised and tailored projects such as volume recruitment and market mapping exercises.
Our mission is "to be remembered for exceeding expectations" which drives us to deliver outstanding levels of service and exceptional outcomes for clients and candidates, as well as meaningful careers for our team. We recruit and measure our employees against the values of being Candid, Creative and Connected which drives our open and transparent culture whilst encouraging new ideas and focuses us on internal communications that leverage greater benefits for our clients. At ConnectedGroup words such as 'respect', 'integrity' and 'professionalism' are not aspirational, they are prerequisite behaviours and are expected in all aspects of our work.