Job description / Role
• Support and manage GIS applications in line with business needs.
• Maintain & develop Web based GIS software and hardware.
• Generate and maintain published GIS layers.
• Update GIS databases.
• Create maps and graphics using GIS software.
• Support Data & GIS project manager on training new users in desktop GIS and web based systems.
• Quality control on CAD data and it’s completeness before importing to company Geodatabase.
• Develop GIS tools to improve efficiency of GIS workflows.
• Assist in the development of GIS project plans.
• Import CAD data to GIS data models e.g. LSDM (Land Survey Data Model).
• Diagnosing and “troubleshooting” problems experienced with the use of GIS and related software.
QHSSE Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Ensure that Fugro policies and procedures are understood, implemented and adhered to by all employees.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience
• Qualification: BSc. or higher in in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Science, Engineering, Geography or related field (minimum 2 years).
• Delivery focused: Ability to deliver the work with all stakeholders (internally and externally) to a defined project goal within the set boundaries.
• Technical Survey Knowledge: Oil and Gas Terrestrial Surveying experience essential with experience in different geomatics solutions, equipment, software and procedures.
• Problem-solving/judgment: ability to work unsupervised and observe, think critically and to solve problems using data-analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
• Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written skills (English is essential, other dialects may be advantageous).
Role Specific Technical Competencies
• Expert in ArcGIS and other ESRI products.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant industry experience.
• Knowledge and experience of CAD design and drawing production.
• Knowledge and experience of 3D Laser Scan data and analysis.
• Knowledge of Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) software.
• Experienced in working with different projection systems.
• Effective communicator as working with various engineering disciplines.
• Oil and gas GIS experience preferred.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite.
• Spoken and written English language.
Role Specific Behavioural Competencies
• Planning & organizing: able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction.
• Teamwork: dedication and ability to work successfully with others in a team.
• Information & Communication: ability to receive information from, and convey information to others, in a timely and clear manner, using appropriate language, and communication tools.
• Client focus: ability to generate client satisfaction (internally and externally), potentially resulting in long term client relationships and additional business.
About the Company
Fugro collects, processes and interprets data related to the earth's surface and the soils and rocks beneath and provides advice based on the results to clients in many sectors and also provides the people, equipment, expertise and technology that support the exploration, development, production and transportation of the world's natural resources. Fugro was founded in the Netherlands in 1962 and is listed on the Amsterdam stock exchange of NYSE Euronext since 1992. Fugro was included in the AEX-index as of September 2008.
Fugro's activities are arranged in three divisions: Geotechnical, Survey and Geoscience.