Job description / Role
The contract manager’s task is to ensure consistent management of all proposals and contracts. This generally includes oversight of the contract management process, as well as development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management. The contract manager’s role in the contract development process requires close collaboration with various departments, including commercial, legal, project management, account management, business operations and finance.
• Oversee organizational contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
• Create and develop a contractual record system and ensure the contracts and proposals are properly entered into organizational databases and securely maintained.
• Work with the Legal team and different other stakeholders on developing standard contracts and general language and provisions.
• Assure accuracy and appropriateness of contract text and attachments.
• Serve as primary organizational contact during contract negotiations.
• Own the contract management part of the transactional process, which includes evaluating, reviewing, drafting and/or negotiating the contract terms and conditions in a preliminary manner;
• Engage and liaise between all internal stakeholders, seek their input on the various aspects of the contract, consolidate such feedback and communicate the same, in a comprehensive and structured manner, to other internal stakeholders or the customers;
• Seek internal approvals from management where required;
• Review, assess and recommend improvement to contract negotiation policies and procedures, workflows and internal/external communication channels across the company network;
• Develop and execute negotiation strategies that minimize potential losses and benefit the organization’s financial performance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Law. An LLM would be greatly favored.
• Minimum of 6 years prior work experience in a legal or contract management role, preferably within a oil/gas freight forwarding / logistics environment, with the focus on the industrial projects, oil and energy sector. In depth familiarity with contracts is a must.
• Has experience in applying organizational standards when developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting contracts. Knowledge of international contract law and mergers and acquisitions regulations.
• Demonstrates English excellent written and verbal communication skills. Additional languages, namely Arabic or French, would be advantageous.
About the Company
Search Heads Middle East brings together almost 2 decades of specialist recruitment within the Middle East. Having built successful partnerships with some of the worlds most recognised organisations we offer tailor made, honest consulting.