Job description / Role
Government Relations Officer – UAE – Immediate Start
On behalf of our client, a Dubai based organisation, we are currently seeking a Government Relations Officer for an exciting EXPO Pavilion related project. The role will be a fixed term contract from Sep 2021 – Mar/Apr 2022. The job holder will play a support role, for the visits of VVIPs, VIPs and visitors to the UK Pavilion and help the wider Corporate Services team, manage the associated logistical requirements.
The jobholder will be responsible for the delivery of effective government relations duties. Working from the Company offices in Dubai, you will be responsible for making applications to and liaising with a wide range of UAE government authorities, and liaising and coordinating with the Expo 2020 organisation’s protocol and VIP visits teams. There is a requirement to occasionally work out of hours, including assisting with the arrival of staff/ VIPs or other protocol duties.
Although Dubai based, the jobholder may need to travel to Abu Dhabi , but the exact number of days spent at each post will be agreed with the jobholder. They will, however, provide support to both posts regardless of their location and regular travel between the two posts may be required. A UAE driving licence is essential.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Dealing with UAE authorities regarding the smooth arrival and departure VVIPs and VIPs
• Receiving, recording, organising, prioritising work and updating customers on progress.
• Preparing applications for submission to UAE authorities, the majority of which will need to be written in Arabic.
• Expo2020 clearances and IDs.
• Arranging meetings, maintaining relationships between various government or official departments.
• Liaising and coordinating with the Expo 2020 organisation’s protocol and VIP visits teams
• Attending VVIP movements and acting as translator when required.
• Supporting the Companies’ Relations team on day-to-day work when required
• Experience of working as a Public Relations Officer previously (or a GRO)
• Experience of working in or dealing with the UAE Government: Immigration, Customs, MoI, and other UAE authorities.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic, both verbal and written (to be tested at interview).
• A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills & proven ability to engage at all levels
• Resourcefulness in solving problems and demonstrates good judgement.
• Ability to multi-task and respond quickly and flexibly to meet multiple and changing priorities.
• Proven record of organisational ability. Ability to prioritise and organise own workload
• Excellent IT skills and office administration skills, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Excel
• Holds a valid UAE driving license.
• Ability to work out of hours where required, including evenings and weekends.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.