Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Graduate - Ground engineering play a delivery role in the provision of guidance and assistance to internal and external clients, regarding geotechnical and geo-environmental related issues.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Assist in the design of geotechnical, geophysical and geo-environmental site investigations including recommendations for best intrusive techniques to be employed and specification of in-situ and laboratory testing.
* Assist in procurement of site investigation contractors.
* Supervise site investigation contractors, and have previous experience of undertaking site investigations and logging of soils and rocks.
* Undertake terrain evaluation, geohazard identification and field mapping of rock slopes/outcrops
* Undertake scheduling of geotechnical and geo-environmental testing and also interpretation of the test results.
* Assist in the review of factual and interpretative geotechnical, geophysical and geo-environmental reports produced by others.
* Assist in the production of geotechnical and geo-environmental factual and interpretative reports - including the interpretation of geotechnical data.
* Evaluate and interpret data using 2D/3D geological and geotechnical modelling.
* Produce technical notes and geotechnical specifications.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree qualified within a geo-science, geology or geotechnical related field
* Holding a driver's license.
* Able to undertake project based travel and site work depending on business and client needs.
* Knowledge and experience in the following areas (as many as possible):
* Site investigation techniques with experience in supervising field investigation works.
* Describing soil and rocks to international standards.
* A good understanding of engineering geology, structural geology and geological mapping principles.
* Experience with large data integration and development of geological models and engineering parameters.
* An understanding of Geotechnical Interpretative Reports including recommendations for deep and shallow foundations and shoring works.
* An understanding of foundations and shoring walls within soils and rocks would be advantageous.
* Good working knowledge of software packages such as Holebase, Dips, and other Rocscience software or similar.
* Knowledge of software packages such as WALLAP, Pdisp, Slope W or similar would be advantageous.
* An understanding of various ground improvement techniques.
* Experience of slope stability analyses using appropriate software with associated rock mass classifications, LE and FE modelling and kinematic analyses.
* Understanding of geo-environmental assessments including Phase 1, 2 and 3.
* Some construction experience in deep foundations, Bulk Earthworks, shoring and ground improvement etc.
* Any skills with AutoCAD and Civil 3D software would be advantageous.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.