Job description / Role
Our client is an early stage, heavily funded startup.
You will work with the CEO to build an effective controls framework that ensures the safekeeping of assets and production of timely and accurate financial reports.
Currently the firm employees 12 people worldwide and is hiring a CFO and COO in the UAE to continue with their growth strategy.
Reporting to the Founder and CEO, you will undertake the role of financial leader within the organization. You will be responsible for the planning, implementation and management of all finance activities, including business planning, budgeting and forecasting. As well as helping with operations, auditing and reconciliations as needed.
Furthermore, you will help set up proper legal and tax structures for the entire global business, and oversee the parent company and its global subsidiaries in Singapore, Australia and Estonia, with plans to expand into US, Canada, Japan, Southeast Asia, and New Zealand.
You will support the executive team in making decisions relating to financial strategy including ensuring adequate reserve ratios across all asset classes (i.e. digital cryptocurrencies and fiat) and managing FX exposure.
You will also help design and implement internal controls, policies and procedures, oversee and advise on capital deployment and cash flow planning as well as liaising with regulatory bodies, external auditors and tax agents
- Select the most appropriate accounting software for the firm
- Embed all processes linked to the newly established UAE subsidiary
- Build efficient processes for revenue recognition
- Streamline accounts payable processes and embed an expense management system
- Manage trade reconciliation processes via a trade ledger tool and by working closely with the trading group
- Monitor cash flow
- Establish a month end process across the firm
- Manage quarterly consolidated accounts process with the help of an external accounting firm
Having built the foundations across the business you will work with the CEO to deliver scaled processes and valuable insights across the business. You will;
- Deliver business KPIs
- Oversee all treasury functions for both fiat and digital assets
- Ensure adequate capital is available, and properly allocated across the organization to ensure maximum ROI
- Provide strategic recommendations to the executive leadership team on both short
- and long term strategic financial objectives
- Manage the processes for financial forecasting and budgeting, business segment profitability and oversee the preparation of all financial reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Advise on long term business and financial planning
- Identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the business
- Establish and develop relationships with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
The Successful Applicant
- An interest in blockchain, digital assets and the future of decentralised finance
- Experience in the digital assets industry is a strong preference
- Qualified accountant with 5+ years post qualification experience
- Bachelor's degree from globally recognised university
- Strong treasury and capital markets focused background
- Experience in B2B Fintech or other early stage environment
- Strong knowledge in FX, hedging strategies, cash management and financial modelling
- Ability to work well in an unstructured and fast paced environment
- Experience in evaluating, selecting and implementing accounting software
- Early career audit experience
- A proven track record of negotiating contracts, business pricing agreements and/or partnerships
- Strong analytical skills and expertise in financial systems and reporting
AED 100,000 to 180,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Private Schooling, Medical & Flights
- Integrity: show a strong sense of right and wrong and high ethical standards
- Strategic thinker with a business development orientation: identify and articulate a clear long-term strategy and take the lead in its implementation
- Commercial acumen: assess commercial opportunities based on a broad understanding of markets and business issues and focus on those with the greatest potential
- Highly numerate and analytical: a logical and methodical approach to the analysis of information to draw accurate conclusions before making informed decisions
- Decision making: understand the appropriate factors when deciding a course of action and rapidly assimilate the information available on which to base a decision and make firm decisions quickly if required
- Ability to engage constructively with senior management and to challenge on difficult issues in a non confrontational way
- Communication: excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pragmatic: think at a strategic level but also be task and project orientated
- Creativity: think outside the box and deliver innovative and original solutions
- Tenacious: show determination to succeed and the drive to deliver outstanding results
- Delivery-focused: set performance targets which are ambitious yet realistic and measurable, and manage their achievement in a structured way
- High standards: focus on the accuracy and quality of work through to completion
- Ownership: take personal responsibility and initiative to get the job done to a high standard and be hands-on and fast in thought and execution
- Team player: work well with others in the pursuit of shared objectives; keen to share information readily
- Influencing and persuading: ability to deliver change and have an impact across all functions and beyond core areas of responsibility through a diplomatic, yet tenacious approach
- Independent: able to self-manage/motivate
- Compliance: promote a strong compliance culture across the business
About the Company
eMagine Solutions is one of the leading authorities on leadership and talent globally. Our combined resources of over 100 years professional experience mean that our clients trust us with finding them the top talent globally and candidates trust us to find them the right opportunity in a timely and confidential manner.
Throughout our offices we provide complete solutions for our clients, including traditional temporary and permanent recruitment, executive search, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), salary survey's, market mapping and training and development courses.
Our global client list work with us not only because of our expertise but also because of our honesty, integrity and passion.
Head of Finance IMEA
Group Chief Financial Officer
Accounts Manager / Finance Manager for a Boutique Regional Law Firm
Head of Finance / Senior Finance Manager
A Leading Company In UAE
Group Financial Controller