Job description / Role
Robert Half is working exclusively with a Group based in Dubai who are looking to recruit a Head of Internal Audit.
As the Head of Internal Audit you will be responsible to design and create the Internal Audit function. You will be responsible for identifying, reviewing and updating the major risk mapping and develop the risks assessment tools, define the internal audit strategy, the annual audit programme, an audit framework based on Internal Standards. As well as mobilise resources - including external audit firms - needed to perform the audit programme (relying mostly on outsourced resources), to overlook the quality and compliance of audit reports, to advise the Group executives on risks and corrective actions as well as follow-up on previous reviews and action plans. They will contribute to the improvement of processes and the governance at Group level through their expertise and recommendations.
* Update the Group's major risk mapping by continuously monitoring emerging risks
* Define relevant risk management tools
* Build the internal audit strategy and plan
* Define a multi-year internal audit strategy based on the risk assessment and have it approved by the Risk and Audit Committee
* Prepare the annual Internal Audit Programme and get it approved by the Risk and Audit Committee
* Maintain, follow-up and update the Audit Programme
* Define Internal Audit framework and tools for the Group based on International Standards
* Build the internal audit charter, policies, procedures, guidelines, templates and tools and maintain them in accordance with industry best practice
* Build a digital platform ensuring smooth updates, sharing and capitalization of the tools, reports, documentation
* Keep up to date with local and international audit developments, laws and regulations
* Over time build a digital platform to keep track of the audit results, action plans and reviews
* Build a community of stakeholders and partners across the Group
* Structure the resources of the Audit department and animate them
* Select and oversee one of the Big 4 auditors who will be responsible the majority of the audit assignments:
* Define the needs and workload and draft an RFP allowing flexibility as well as mobilization of specific expertise (Cybersecurity, tech, data, environmental risks, reputational risks…) with access to global expertise
* Select a firm and have it approved by the Risk and Audit Committee
* Define and oversee the yearly outsourced audit programme
* Launch unplanned audits whenever needed (fraud, crisis….)
* Oversee outsourced audits and ensuring that all finalized audits have gone through the quality assurance process
* Carry out joint audit assignment if needed to allow cross pollination with the selected audit firm
* Build a compact and agile team to focus on audit strategy, quality control and action plan follow-up.
* The Head of Audit will give recommendations on the resources needed based on the audit plan.
* Conduct ad hoc investigations upon identified or reported risks.
* Report to the Group Risk and Audit Committee and other executive governance bodies
* Prepare quarterly reports to the Risk and Audit Committee on risk assessment update, audits results, action plan follow-up
* Representing the Internal Audit Department at the BOP meetings and other management meetings & present findings and recommendations for improvement.
* Collaborate with our People and Culture Team and Group Communication team to develop a "culture of risk management"
* Provide ongoing input for process improvements
* Qualified Accountant
* 15 years or above relevant experience in Internal Audit Management.
* Industry experience within FMCG, Retail or Services
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary, plus company benefits
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.