Job description / Role
The job of Group IT Manager is to lead the IT related activities across the organisation. This role involves identifying the IT needs of the company across all the operations (Colombia, Mozambique, and Australia) and implement the systems to fulfil the company’s system requirements
• Serve as a technical expert across the teams and external vendors
• Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
• Monitor performance of IT systems and ensure it operates at high level of efficiency and in a cost-effective way
• Develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) relating to IT
• Ensure infrastructure security is maintained in line with SOPs developed
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT for UAE operations
• Manage, maintain, and procure companywide hardware and software infrastructure
• Manage, maintain, and procure all the systems and applications used by the company
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Mid to senior level experience
• Highly competent in administering a Microsoft Office 365 environments
• Highly competent in providing best system security practices, this includes disaster recovery planning and first response actions
• Experience in ERP system is a must.
• Previous experience in Microsoft Dynamics Navision is a preference
• Previous experience in security and risk management frameworks is a must
• Previous experience with physical and web server management, firewalls, VPNs is necessary
About the Company
Our mission is to create unique opportunities for all stakeholders by partnering with surrounding communities to focus on known and proven gemstone belts, including existing yet undervalued assets, supply rough gemstones through organised and transparent selling platforms, and promote mined gemstones around the world.
From our Dubai-based headquarters, we sustainably source gemstones from our mining sites around the world, using industry best practices. FURA’s initial focus includes mining ruby assets in Mozambique and emerald assets in Colombia. Together with our trusted partners, we also market these beautiful treasures across reliable selling platforms. As a listed company on Canada’s TSX Venture Exchange (ticker symbol: FUR.V) and a member of the Forbes & Manhattan Group, we strive to champion transparency and principled operations for all of our projects whilst bringing sophisticated mining and marketing to the global gemstone market Together with all our stakeholders, we are committed to the timeless pursuit of perfection.