This position is closed or expired.
See other Logistics Manager jobs in UAE
Our client is a well established manufacturer of industrial and chemical products with many factories across the entire Middle East, India and Africa. They are now looking for an experienced Group Logistics Manager to handle end to end logistics and planning for their operations in the UAE.
The specific job responsibilities are as follows:
• Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
• Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
• Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
• Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
• Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
• Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
• Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
• Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
• Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
• Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
• Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
• Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
• Negotiate transportation rates or services.
• Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
• Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
• Prepare or file environmental certification applications.
• Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
• Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
• Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
• Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
• Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
• Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
• Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
• Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
• Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
• Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
• Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
• Implement or monitor carbon or environmental management, accounting, or audit systems.
• Develop plans or set goals to reduce carbon emissions associated with storage or transport activities
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 10 years of experience in managing the entire logistics of a manufacturing setup within the GCC region. Basic graduation with post graduation in Management or Supply Chain related qualifications, memberships to accredited agencies, relevant certifications are expected along with excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
About the Company
Potential Max is a new age consultancy aimed at enhancing personal creativity and productivity, personal and professional growth as well as knowledge transfer and potential development among mid and senior level employees and professionals. Potential Max operates in 5 broad areas. These are: - Executive Recruitment - HR Services - Business Coaching and Executive and Life coaching - Training and Development - Retail Consultancy services. Based in the United Arab Emirates, Potential Max addresses the needs of clients across the Middle East as well as the Indian sub continent.
Head of Operations & Logistics
General Manager Logistics And Shipping
Supply Chain & Customer Service Manager
Croda Middle East
Supply Chain Manager
Logistics Manager (Interior Fit Out)