Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
• Support the upkeep of the Policy Management Framework ("PMF"), that includes all "document types" covering the following stages: Development, Communication, Implementation, Monitoring, Review, Maintenance, Retention, and Retirement.
• Build strong relationships with Risk Owners and Risk Stewards operating across the "3 lines of defense" to ensure that document types are developed and modified in accordance with the PMF and the Bank's Risk Management Framework.
• Support the implementation, population and ongoing upkeep of an e-repository tool to house document types across all Group entities and functions.
• The tool shall be utilized to plan the review timetable in accordance with the PMF requirements and enable tracking of submissions through to the approvals. It is to be utilized for KPI / dashboard reporting, I.e., completed reviews, overdue reviews, items for escalation, upcoming pipeline, assurance monitoring, audit / regulatory observations.
• Provide support for coordinating and obtaining feedback from reviewing stakeholders, ensuring all relevant comments/ feedback for the development of document types are considered by the owner, and proof-read / make suggested improvements.
• Conduct assurance reviews to ensure the consistency and completeness of document types against the mandatory requirements set out in the PMF.
• Monitor industry developments and regulatory changes to identify potential impacts across document types and recommend appropriate changes to owners.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in finance, banking, business administration, finance or related field
• Professional (preferred): accountancy & finance / CFA / MBA.
• 7+ years working within a financial institution, including demonstrable experience writing policies
• General understanding of banking operations, regulations and compliance requirements
• Good understanding of non-financial and financial risk types, and knowledge of conventional and Shariah banking .
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.