Job description / Role
The Group Tax Manager is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate tax compliance, carrying out multi-jurisdictional tax accounting, and providing tax input into key business transactions.
Key Result Areas
* Managing, in conjunction with other members of the Group Tax Team, the tax provision calculation for audit on both a consolidated and single entity basis, liaising with the Financial Reporting team; key contact with external auditors.
* Managing, in conjunction with other members of the Group Tax Team, multi-jurisdictional tax compliance obligations (direct taxes, indirect taxes, other); key contact with external advisers.
* Assist the Legal Team in Tax matters relating to the lease, purchase and/or sale of aircraft/assets, including documentation review.
* Work closely with the Investment & Strategy, Sales, and Trading departments in providing tax input into Approval Memos for sales or leases.
* Key contact responsible for the timely response to all miscellaneous customers (lessee, lenders, etc.) and tax advisers' queries.
* Assist the Director/VP Group Tax with strategic tax planning, adhoc projects, budgeting and forecasting.
* Support the Director/VP Group Tax in relation to ongoing process improvement within the Group Tax function.
* Assist the Director/VP Group Tax in managing the efficient and effective use of external advisers.
Key Performance Indicators
* Smooth and timely achievement of all tax compliance obligations
* Fully maintained support schedules and files
* Show strong commercial awareness when providing tax input into key business transactions
* Ensuring implementation of Group Tax policies and procedures, and suggesting improvements
* Maintain effective relationships with all other departments, including Finance, Business and Legal and Commercial
* Appropriate use of external advisers in the context of agreed budgets
Skills & Experience
* Qualified Accountant with 3 + years PQE
* Qualified Chartered Tax Advisor or equivalent with minimum 3 years PQE
* Prior in-house/industry tax role/experience in a global company with activities in various jurisdictions an advantage
* Strong technical tax compliance and advisory skills essential
* Strong accounting knowledge essential
* A high level of flexibility and the ability to manage competing demands
* Forward thinking and creative solution focused attitude
Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Pay and salary ranges are dependent upon experience, qualifications and training.
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Senior Accountant - Financial Reporting
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
Accounts Manager / Finance Manager for a Boutique Regional Law Firm
Excelsior Group ME