Job description / Role
Head Bakery Chef
Ready for a career move and be part of the pre-opening team? We are looking for a new talent to play a vital role in our Culinary department working alongside a fantastic team.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
As a Head Bakery Chef your role will include such as:
- Provides functional assistance and direction to the kitchen operation as assigned.
- Interacts with individuals outside the restaurant, including, but not limited to clients, suppliers, government officials, competitors and other members of the local community.
- Coordinates functions and activities with other Food & Beverage department heads.
- Assists the Executive Pastry Chef and the management in supervising the functioning of all kitchen employees, facilities and costs, to ensure Food & Beverage departmental profit is achieved.
- Assists the Executive Pastry Chef and the management in controlling and analyzing, on an on-going basis.
- Guest satisfaction
- Merchandising and marketing
- Ensures optimum performance in all of the above areas as assigned.
- Assist the Executive Pastry Chef and the Management in the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure highest quality at all times.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
- Conducts, under the guidance of the Executive Pastry Chef and the management, such functions as hiring specific levels of employees, employee orientation, coaching and suspension if necessary to ensure appropriate staffing and productivity.
- Assists the Executive Pastry Chef and the management in conducting formal and on-the-job training sessions for kitchen employees.
- Assist the Executive Pastry Chef and the management in the preparation of menus and participates in pricing policy by taking into the consideration the following:
- Local requirements
- Market needs
- Potential costs
- Availability of Food and Beverage products
Your experience and skills include:
- With minimum 3 years experience in similar role in a 5-star hotel
- Strong problem solving and organisational skills
- Should be able to communicate well in English
- Ability to mentor and develop teams
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.