Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago.
This luxurious five- star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
The property is set to open in the fourth quarter of 2021.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as Head Butler
To oversee and direct the day to day operation of Butler department and to assist in the forward planning of the department. Promotes the work culture and the company's core values
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Has full awareness, manages and supervises all tasks of his/her staff.
- Directs the work assignment of supervisory and non-supervisory personnel
- Monitors butlers to ensure residents receive prompt and courteous service
- Informs other operating departments of matters concerning to Butlers operations, which concern notably the Front Office, to ensure VIP status and other such information, Housekeeping, to ensure all residents receive consistent service from all staff, in addition to communicating with Engineering, Laundry, Sales, Food & Beverage, Reservations etc
- Schedules and performs routine inspections by self or in coordination with the supervisors, of all butler areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms
- Inspects resident rooms and pantries on a regular basis to ensure amenities, resident preferences and other such points are taken care of and carried out flawlessly
- Appraise appearance, discipline and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision and initiate immediate remedial action if necessary
- Ensures that consumption of resident supplies is under control
- Assists in monitoring and controlling relevant procedures including lost and found, key control, security and emergency procedures, health and safety for employees and residents
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned
- Is fully aware of Raffles Standards
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned
- Ensure that Butlers deliver the Raffles touch by exceeding the resident's expectations and providing pro active personalized service
- Ensure that up selling is optimized and hotel products and facilities are utilized to the utmost by all residents
- Ensures that butlers receive appreciation for their efforts in the form of regular feedback and recognition
- Ensures that the team adheres to the core values and the brand dimension of Raffles the Palm
- Ensure that repeat residents are met and greeted on a daily basis and profiles are updated
- Ensures that long staying residents/ special attention residents/ occasion celebrating residents are given greater importance and are taken care of exclusively
- Ensures all communication is carried clearly between the team and the Director of rooms
- Ensures that the Director of Rooms is fully aware of the tasks and assignments of every individual within the department
- Conducts regular trainings and role plays to ensure all trainings are understood by the team
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Works with Director of rooms and Human Resource Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Duties include:
- Planning for future staffing needs
- Assists the Director of rooms in planning for future staffing needs
- Recruiting in line with company guidelines
- Prepares detailed induction programs for supervisory levels
- Maintain a comprehensive, current and resident focused set of departmental SOPs and oversees their implementation
- Ensures training needs analysis of Butlers is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs
- Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations
- Preparing an efficient roster of Butler staff inline with labor codes
- Works with Director of rooms in the preparation and management of the department's budget. Duties include:
- Preparation of the departmental annual budget
- Monitor and control departmental cost on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
- Assists in the preparation of the hotel strategic plan, goals program, and Rooms division Budget
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Good organizational skills
- Good level of engagement with residents
- Ability to manage a multi-cultural workforce
- Excellent leadership & communication skills
- Display high levels of integrity, dedication and support for continuous improvement
- Flexible management style to meet the challenges of a changing work environment
- Good knowledge of the entire Butler Service Operations
- Must be a self-starter, coach & mentor who can motivate the Team to perform their best
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System preferred
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information
- Ability to work with constant interruptions with a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegate work
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' relevant experience with at least 2 year at a supervisory level
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.