Job description / Role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Head Butler to work for one of our VVIP clients in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the butler team that provides personalized service to her and her family members who stay in her residence, including the guests who, from time to time, visit the VVIP, ensuring that things are organized, and daily activities in residence run smoothly. Other responsibilities may include:
• Coordinate with other Butlers, technicians, and other house staff about their assignments in the residence
• Schedule Butlers and House Staff roster
• Assist with training the new House staff according to their scope of work
• Review and maintain residence equipment inventories
• Receive guests in a professional and friendly manner, exceeding guest expectations from arrival through to departure
• Help in organizing any events/gatherings at the residence
• In charge of packing/unpacking/receiving/sending any packages, invitations, gifts, shopping bags, etc
• Coordinate with laundry team in ensuring that clothes are washed, ironed, and stored properly
• Coordinate with housekeeping staff in ensuring the residence is clean, tidy, and organized
• Welcome guests the VVIP guests in a professional manner upon arrival and conduct a general orientation with the other butlers and house staff on their assignment
• Act as a point of contact for the VVIP for all of her needs at the residence
• Identify and anticipate VVIP and the family members’ needs and ensure personalized service is provided
• Liaise with the housekeeping staff/kitchen staff/facilities team/security team/office and PA staff and any other relevant department or section to fulfill all requests or recommendations that the VIPs might require. e.g. in-room dining, travel/hotel booking, laundry, a personal appointment with hospital/events/special occasions, and any other outside residence requirements
To be successful in this role you need to meet the following requirements:
• A diploma or degree holder
• Must have worked in housekeeping role for at least 5 years in a luxury hotel or VVIP
• Experienced in managing a team
• Well organized and very detail oriented person
• Used to follow a certain structure / routine at work
• Have good / acceptable command of the English language
• Willing to work for 6 days in a week, and for long working hours, when required
• Used to work in a pressurized and demanding work environment
• Able to deal with different type of personalities and not take things personally
• Willing to work in the VVIP residence and work with other butlers/housekeeping staff/kitchen staff
• Willing to work in Abu Dhabi
• Can join immediately
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply!
Disclaimer: Please note that Black Pearl will never ask any of its candidates for any payment in any form in exchange of our service in helping candidates find a job. Our service is free to our candidates and the recruitment fee is paid by our clients. If you receive any emails, SMS or calls requesting you to pay from someone claiming to be an employee of Black Pearl before they can process your application, please report and write to us.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a human resources and recruitment agency that provides a holistic business and talent solution in a progressive, dynamic, and efficient way.
We pride ourselves as a unique black pearl and strive to delight our clients with a personalized partnership that helps them propel towards success.
Whether you need to find top talent, your next great job opportunity, or a consulting solution for managing your business, engaging employees, evolving your work culture, planning your people strategy, or resourcing challenges, we can help.