Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Job Role Summary
- The Head Lifeguard is responsible to ensure the highest safety standards are achieved and maintained throughout the daily operation of the waterpark and in particular water based features/activities/slides/pools.
- In charge for overall performance of lifeguards, hosts, slide attendants in accordance with international water safety standards.
- They will ensure that the company standards and values are met and developed through working relationships with all levels within the department.
- To support and help colleagues.
- To implement procedures and training to nurture behaviour where the health and safety of our guests and staff is of paramount importance while providing the highest standards of guest satisfaction, they will be expected to drive our key operating standards of Safety, Service, Quality and Efficiency.
- Expected to take the role of front lines when needed
- Exceed guest expectations through ensuring departmental team deliver to agreed service standards
- Supporting the Lifeguard Management Team in organising and implementation of the training of the Waterparks lifeguard and host position teams to required standards within time frames set
- Working alongside key operational stakeholders of the waterpark facility to ensure all standards and KPI's are met
- Show a well-developed sensitivity to customer needs by continually monitoring employee and guest interaction and acting on departmental results
- Assist the Lifeguard Management Team in ensuring risk assessments are carried out in line with procedures and are updated regularly as ongoing "live" documents
- Actively demonstrate the company values to all colleagues
- Deliver regular meetings with direct team and attend all required meetings with senior management team to ensure effective communication within the department
- Establish and maintain effective lines of communication throughout the department by providing operational presence
- Liaising with the Lifeguard Management Team to collect all information on occupancy/offers etc
- Contribute to Resort Dynamic Events, supporting the operational team as and when necessary
- To promote LEGOLAND Dubai as an employer of choice
- Assist Lifeguard Management Team ensuring that staff working schedules are both fully covered and operational
- Identify and plan for contingencies as required
- Ensure OPEX are managed and maintained in line to achieve budgets set
- Communicate on a continual basis with Lifeguard Management Team and other senior managers to ensure best practice is achieved across the Resort
- Monitor proposed and actual changes to current legislation and ensure company compliance (e.g. Health & Safety)
- Recommend and develop new products/ways of working to improve profitability
- Use departments historical data and information to maximise commercial opportunities
- Monitor key indicators (Sick leaves, absenteeism etc.) daily operation updates to be communicated with the Lifeguard Management Team
- Motivate, manage and develop the team in line with company standards and values
- Promote a fun working environment
- Apply positive performance management effectively throughout the team and minimise the challenges to the team
Health & Safety
- Head Lifeguard to assist in ensuring that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated
Are You A Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Secondary level of education and experience in the Water Park Industry for 2 years or above
- Requires operational experience of working within a waterpark environment at management or supervisory level with related customer service
- Requires excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to execute multiple tasks
- Strong understanding of the creation and management of risk assessments, SOP's and EAP's within a waterpark or theme park environment
- Self-motivated and demonstrated initiative, with strong problem solving skills
- History of supporting management and colleagues, with demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Must be customer service driven with an understanding of the needs of the guests
- Requires the ability to make objective decisions quickly under stressful conditions, adapting to new demands and situations while remaining calm
- Competent in all aspects of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, e-mail, Power Point) are required
- Strong administration skills
- Able to focus and prioritize
- Fluent English in both oral and written
- Previous work experience in Hospitality/Waterpark
- Excellent understanding on culture awareness and the unique environment of the UAE
- Plan & organize: Staff Meetings
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Supervisor - Lifeguard
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Transguard Workforce Solutions
Fiafia Kids Amusement Arcade
Acciona Facility Services Middle East