Job description / Role
A well established bank in the UAE is actively looking for a Head of Agency. This role is responsible to lead and guide the agency desk team members on the best practice and procedures to handle day to day responsibilities, and assuring accurate record keeping and execution of all transaction activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist the team to meet the bank's key objectives by generating a fee income (Agency fees), maintain strong relationships with clients, cross-sell opportunities and by profiling of the bank as a first choice of customers.
* Lead and guide the agency desk team members on the best practice and procedures to handle day to day responsibilities, and assuring accurate record keeping and execution of all transaction activities.
* Help the internal stakeholders to understand the Agency function roles and responsibilities, and define the external and internal risk factors that can have an impact on the security position of participants under the syndicated facilities.
* Manage the execution process of complex syndicated credit transactions for which we act as Investment/Administrative Agent, Security Agent, & Account Bank.
Candidate Profile & Requirements:
* At least 12 years' experience in senior roles covering the Syndication and Agency function, with strong credit / analytical skills
* Relevant Bachelor's degree
* Strong relationship and market knowledge in the syndication market in UAE, GCC and the MENA region
* Comprehensive and wide experience in executing the syndication transactions and full understanding of related documentation, and the management of external & internal stakeholder relationships, with successful track record in understanding of the local and regional Syndicated market.
* Due to the bank's regulations, we are looking for UAE nationals.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.