Head of Airport Operations Control Centre
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
To lead the Airport Operations Control Centre (AOCC) function within the Airport Management Centre (AMC) department. The AMC is the central hub for three functions:
• Operations Planning - leading integrated operational planning and performance analysis for all company airports to deliver our target Levels of Service (LOS).
• Airport Operations Control Centre (AOCC) - Leading day-of-operations within 24/7 control room co-located with ground handler, control authorities, airlines, emergency services and others.
• Operations Data & Analytics – leading operational data quality management and the development of AMC reporting, analytics, and tools.
The job holder’s key accountabilities include:
• Structured Continuous Improvement of AOCC Operations
• Post Incident Review & Mitigation
• Disruption Planning & Resilience Exercises
• Stakeholder Integration
• Control Room Skills Development & Capability Building
• Control Room Tools User Requirements, Acceptance Testing and Process Adoption
• The job holder is responsible for driving the performance of the Airport Operations Control Centre (AOCC) duty teams including coordinating with the leadership teams of other operational departments and stakeholders.
• The job holder will act as deputy to the VP-AMC in their absence.
• The job holder is responsible for instilling company values and behaviours and leading, inspiring and developing the team of AOCC managers and controllers. This includes developing and monitoring appropriate individual/team/shift KPIs as required to continually upskill staff and improve operational delivery.
• Initially the focus shall be Abu Dhabi operations and the preparation for the transition to the Midfield Terminal Complex (MTC). In future, this scope will extend to other company airports.
• The job holder shall be based in the AMC working normal office working hours but may be required to work operational shifts during disruption/emergency events.
• Disclaimer: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
QUALIFICATION / EDUCATION
• The job holder will ideally be educated to degree level. Equivalent senior operational management experience will be considered as equivalent. EXPERIENCE
• Relevant airport/airline/ground handling industry management experience essential CERTIFICATIONS,KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
These management skills are essential:
• People and leadership skills
• Proven decision maker
• Experience of delivering change management leading teams through sustainable culture change
• Able to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, from front-line to senior management.
• Proven ability to communicate data and information in a manner that can be readily understood by a wide audience of varied experience.
These technical skills are essential:
• Aviation operational control centre management
• Crisis management skills
• Airport emergency and security procedures
• Slot Approval & Capacity Management
Airport Operations & Resource Planning:
• Airside: Stands, Gates, Cargo, Airfield Transportation etc.
• Terminal: Check-In, Security, Immigration, Gates, Baggage, Landside Transportation etc.
• Manpower Planning & Deployment Management
• Airport control centre systems
• ACI / ICAO / IATA regulations
• GCAA/Other Government Entities regulations
• QHSSE standards
• MS Office Tools (Excel, Powerpoint) – Intermediate Skills
• Process Writing & Governance
These technical skills are ideal:
• ACDM & Total Airport Management (TAM)
These technical skills are an advantage:
• Airport & Airline Operational Planning
• Aviation Data & Regulations
• Airline Scheduling & Demand Forecasting
• Airport Performance Analysis & Reporting
• Operational Planning Tools (AODB, RMS, etc.)
• Project Management
• Change Management
About the Company
WFC Holding was born out of a market need for specialist shared services support functions in the UAE.
WFC Holding has rapidly expanded its service offering, capability, and client base to become an integrated business process outsourcing company.