Job description / Role
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1 Million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Experience leading and developing a team of business analysts.
- Drive strategic projects to improve key operations metrics like DFI, DEA, C2D
- Working with functional business leaders to build scalable processes and metrics.
- Developing a long term analytical strategy and driving the implementation of that strategy.
- Using analytics to influence multiple departments, increasing their productivity and effectiveness to achieve strategic goals.
- Create and deliver reporting, critical for tracking and managing the business, including weekly, monthly, and quarterly operational metric reports.
- Master's degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Statistics, or related technical field.
- Proven Analytics Thought Leader with experience leading and growing world class analytics and data science teams
- 8+ years of professional experience, and passion for, working with large data sets plus deep experience in statistical analysis, advanced modeling techniques, data mining and business analysis. 3+ years managing teams of 4 or more.
- Ability to attach complex business questions with data and curiosity to dive deep, identifying the root cause and "so what" rather than just the trends.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is tasked with providing data-driven decision support and business intelligence that is timely, accurate and actionable.
- Ability to effective prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
- Experience in data mining using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Proven track record of strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams across the world.
- Ability to think big, understand business strategy, provide consultative business analysis, and leverage technical skills to create insightful, effective BI solutions
- Hands on experience in SQL, Excel, Linux and OLAP, SAS, R and/or Python (data extraction, manipulation, data insights).
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau.
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.