Job description / Role
- Has the overall responsibility to serve as the strategic interface with IT for the purpose of business technology strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. The role serves as the business relationship link between business units and IT at the executive level.
- Manages a team of Business Analysts ensuring their continuous development and optimal utilization
- Liaises with business owners/managers and translate Business Requirements to IT initiatives
- Authors Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD) and Process flows.
- Attends internal client meetings, understand their requirements and act as a bridge between business and IT to deliver end to
- Record detailed Business requirements encompassing the functional, non-functional, 'as is' and 'to be' processes of the project / change request.
- Creation of documents, Conduct Walkthrough sessions, and engage stakeholders from business units/ IT Units/ Vendors, where Responsible for seeking sign off from stakeholders.
- Participate in client meetings, understand client requirements and resolve client queries.
- Gain in-depth understanding of Bank's applications and solutions
- Closely align with IT, Business and other stakeholders.
- Prepare data models where applicable
- Help prepare/facilitate UAT test cases/ scenarios
- Provide expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation.
- Monitors and reports performance of project delivery to IT Management
- Monitors and reports performance of business analysts, team members
- Conducts weekly/ monthly status review meeting with IT Management/ Business heads
- Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
- Prepare project/ portfolio status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Excellent understanding of Banking Domains (Retail & Corporate, Banking Network, Product Development, Transaction Banking)
- Graduation degree or more.
- Training or certification in Business analysis is preferred (e.g CBAP)
- Hands on experience in Business Analysis and Project management.
- More than 15 years' experience proving exposure to Banking Business and IT
- More than 8 years' experience in Business analysis, Managing Projects and teams.
- Good command of English
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communications skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team management skills
- Excellent Interpersonal relations skills
- Stakeholder Management
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.