Job description / Role
Our client is looking for an HR Business Partner / Head of HR for their brand new organisation who will define, implement, and oversee the human resources strategy of the entity as per Group standards and local specifications. The role will involves building, recruiting, and leading the HR Department. Then will concentrate on developing and driving people and business solutions (policies, systems, and processes) ensuring the Right People in the Right Position at the Right Time.
This role will be among the very first employees of this new JV and participate in the growth into a large operational organisation, which should stand at approx 250-300 employees by the end of 2024. As a start-up team, during the first year, everyone will all be hands on, also in tasks not necessarily part of the longer-term job description. You should be excited about working in such an environment.
The role reports to the CEO and will be based in an area beyond Jebel Ali, half way to Abu Dhabi from Dubai.
Pre Go-live: Responsible for organising all tasks to be executed to ensure Operational Readiness of the company in all areas of human resources management such as:
• Build up the HR department including resources, systems and processes.
• In collaboration with department heads, secure the overall recruitment targets are
• Develop training plans across all functions of the company.
• In collaboration with the CEO and the Management Team define key desired characteristics of the company culture and values for which we wish to be acknowledged from the outset.
• Build relations with key external stakeholders where relevant.
• Any other operational tasks required on site to ensure that the HR setup will fulfil the
• business needs at time of operations.
Strategic HR Planning:
• Collaborate with department heads to understand their objective and challenges and develop HR strategies to support
• Conduct workforce planning and talent management activities to ensure the right people in the right roles and the right time
• Provide input and guidance on organizational design and succession planning
• Employee relations:
• Advise department heads on employee relations matters, conflict resolution, disciplinary actions and performance management
• Investigate and address employee complaints and concerns, providing for fair and consistent treatment of all employees
• Promote a positive work culture with high engagement, sense of belonging and behaviour from employees and managers alike consistent with company values
Talent Acquisition and Onboarding:
• Partner with hiring managers to identify resource needs and develop effective recruitment strategies in line with local practises
• Participate in the selection process including interviews
• Ensure smooth onboarding of new employees
• Support department heads in performance management of their teams
• Coach department heads on performance related matters, assist in addressing gaps
• Identify training and development needs and identify talent ripe for advancement
Compensation and Benefits:
• Lead the compensation and benefits planning in close collaboration with the CEO to provide competitive and equitable compensation while maintaining company financial budgets and metrics
• Manage a grading system and oversee promotion and recognition programs
• Oversee salary administration
• HR Policies and Compliance:
• Develop and maintain HR policies and procedures as necessary
• Ensure compliance with applicable local laws and regulations
• Ensure compliance with applicable Group HR policies
• Maintain accurate and confidential employee record, ensuring integrity and privacy
• HR Stakeholder Management:
• Build and maintain relations with external parties of relevance to the company’s HR function, practices and compliance requirements
• Build relations with port stakeholder to ensure smooth collaboration in all matters related to HR
• Liaise with head office HR functions for process, system and policy implementation as required
AED 42,000 to 46,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Min. 10 years’ working experience in HR functions, including 5 years with management
• Knowledge of local regulations and legal framework
• Experience in complex organization with white and blue collar, if possible in port/
• shipping/ logistics industry
• Experience from new organizations setting up HR function, policies, processes and
• systems from scratch would be a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
• Experience with HR/ERP information systems
• Fluent in English (Arabic would be a plus)
• Our client would like to diversify the senior management team and welcomes applications from female candidates
• A driven self-starter whose energy is contagious
• Results oriented and maneuvers to deliver
• Holistically motivated, taking end-to-end charge in his/her field
• Analytical and dives deep to attain comfort on the assumed status and quality of plans and deliverables
• Insistent on good planning, looking ahead anticipating the unexpected
• Wins people over with open personality, transparent leadership and team orientation
• Comfortable in front of both senior level management and technical experts
• Resolves conflicts also when these are about people and personalities
Thank you for your interest. All applications are viewed and evaluated according to the role requirements. We aim to contact shortlisted candidates within 2 weeks. As we often receive a high volume of applications, we are unable to reply to everyone. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.